Highlighted

Adobe Reader no longer work since iOS 11 update?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ever since I did my last iPhone update iOS 11!my Adobe Reader will no longer remain open. It is up to date with the current version and I’m afraid to lose all my document. Can anyone help?

I read several forums where similar problem was discussed after ios 11 update and finally I've been able to figure out the solution to this error. What I did was I first of all uninstalled the adobe reader app from my iphone > rebooted 3my phone > reinstalled the latest app version from app store and voila! It's working just fine again ❤️

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader no longer work since iOS 11 update?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ever since I did my last iPhone update iOS 11!my Adobe Reader will no longer remain open. It is up to date with the current version and I’m afraid to lose all my document. Can anyone help?

I read several forums where similar problem was discussed after ios 11 update and finally I've been able to figure out the solution to this error. What I did was I first of all uninstalled the adobe reader app from my iphone > rebooted 3my phone > reinstalled the latest app version from app store and voila! It's working just fine again ❤️

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Acrobat after the iOS 11 update.

Would you please provide more details about your problem?

Are you able to open a PDF document?

What happens when you open a PDF document?  Does it look like Acrobat closes/disappears all by itself?  Do you see the following dialog when you relaunch Acrobat?

HockeyAppPrompt.png

Does the problem happen with a particular PDF document or all PDF documents that you have?

In any case, we'd highly recommend making backup copies of your local PDF documents on your iPhone.

How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on my Adobe icon, it opens up to my list of documents for all of three seconds then closes immediately. There is no error messages. The page goes blank then closes .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like Acrobat is terminated by iOS for some reason.

(1) Restart your iPad.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Can you launch Acrobat without the problem?

(2) Open a different PDF document in Acrobat.

1. Open the following PDF document in Safari.
    https://acrobat.adobe.com/content/dam/doc-cloud/en/pdfs/tei-study/tei-document-cloud-infographic-ue....
  2. Tap the Share button.
  3. Tap the "Copy to Adobe Acrobat".

Did Acrobat stop shutting down?

(3) Uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

1. Back up all your local files as described in the FAQ document.
    How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes
  2. Uninstall Acrobat.
  3. Install Acrobat from the App Store.
  4. Restore your local files.
  5. Sign into cloud services (if you used cloud storage, such as Adobe Document Cloud, Dropbox, before).

Please let us know if any of the suggestions above worked.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will say no docments an when i try an download anything it will say no downloads

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shirleyo21072414​,

Would you please post screenshots of the app in your next reply?

How to add a screenshot to a forum message from iPad/iPhone

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier Adobe Reader was working fine when my iPhone 7 was running iOS 10 however today that I updated to iOS 11.2.1 the app suddenly stopped working. Whenever I will try to open the app it's only displaying a blank white screen and after few second automatically closing itself. Can anyone help me to get it fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hareeshreddy​,

Would you please restart your iPhone (not the app)?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2017 0