Highlighted

Adobe Reader on Android loses info when reformating

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to use Adobe Reader in Reading Mode (which formats lines to fit the screen width) without losing an occasional word on the end of a line.

1. Reader is the best PDF reader I have found so far. It supports zoom and automatically re-formats lines to fit. However it tends to lose words on the end of lines -- they go off screen and there is no horizontal scroll.

2. Every once in a while an entire line goes off screen, which is very annoying.

Anyone know how to configure Adobe Reader on an Android phone to avoid those two problems?

Example:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah | lost word

|

|

Screen edge

Hi Barry,

Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, check if an update is available for Acrobat Reader by launching Play Store > My apps & games > Acrobat Reader and check if that helps.

Thank You,

Shivam

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader on Android loses info when reformating

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to use Adobe Reader in Reading Mode (which formats lines to fit the screen width) without losing an occasional word on the end of a line.

1. Reader is the best PDF reader I have found so far. It supports zoom and automatically re-formats lines to fit. However it tends to lose words on the end of lines -- they go off screen and there is no horizontal scroll.

2. Every once in a while an entire line goes off screen, which is very annoying.

Anyone know how to configure Adobe Reader on an Android phone to avoid those two problems?

Example:

|

|

Screen edge

Hi Barry,

Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, check if an update is available for Acrobat Reader by launching Play Store > My apps & games > Acrobat Reader and check if that helps.

Thank You,

Shivam

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stanbarr,

1- Thanks! You may try "single page" mode for horizontal scrolling and see if that works for you. More info here:

Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Set Viewer options. Horizontal scrolling when in Reading mode is not avaialble.

2- Would it be possible if you can share the problematic pdf file/or link for the file with us to replicate the issue at our end? You may send the file via:

(a) private message: hover your mouse over person't user name and click message.

(b) send & track : visit this link: https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

click Add files > choose files from my computer

select the file > create link. You can copy paste the link here in the forums or share it via private message.

Thanks,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

The problem happens for all PDF files in my experience. However, if you can send me an address I'll forward you a link to a PDF file that exhibits the problem. (I tried trying to reply privately and nothing seems to work [for me].) I'm not sure if the file is in the public domain, so I prefer a private reply.

Barry Stanly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox for the same.

-Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry,

Thank You,

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 1