• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AES 256 protected document cannot be open in Adobe reader Android app

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF document protected with AES256 and AES256 revision 6 cannot be open in adobe reader android app using user password but opens with owner password.

The same document can be open properly in adobe reader in desktop with both the owner and user passwords, can you please let me know the reason of this issue.

Note: the document created using another third party and this document opens in all the PDF viewers (Google chrome, MS Edge, Foxit, Google android viewer and adobe reader desktop)

Desktop: Adobe acrobat reader dc 2017.012.20098

Android app : Adobe acrobat reader 17.4.1.178813

User password: password

Owner password: sample

Please find the document in the below link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8nq04IXjXi6S1JESzBBaUVOLUE

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Praveenk,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I tried replicating the issue at our end with security added to the pdf (document open password - 1234 and change permission password - 12345) with 256-bit AES encryption level in Acrobat, tried to open the same file in Acrobat Reader mobile app using both the passwords, and it opened without any issue. You may need to contact third-party vendor and see what they have to suggest.

Please find attached the link for the file: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Let us know if you have any query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like the prior respondent above, I have been unable to view my digitally signed final transcript in the Adobe Reader Android app as of late, although I definitely could do so in the 6+ months immediately after my graduation in May 2015.

I must say I am disappointed that Adobe apparently never bothered to read my low app rating on the Google Play store. When I graduated my Master's program in May 2015, your then-current Android app at the time allowed me to view my digitally signed final transcript just fine. Within the year, I was no longer able to do so and that matter has continued unresolved since.

I am including a screenshot from this morning to confirm that the issue remains unresolved as of Android 8.1 (February 2018 security patch) on my Nexus 6p primary device. I am also including the file itself for your reference, since you apparently never bother to test such files yourselves without a specific directive to do so from a dissatisfied client. I downloaded your latest update from this morning beforehand, so do not bother to ask me to do so in any follow up correspondence.

If you intend to maintain PDF as a dominant file storage medium, the least you can do is to ensure is that your encryption and security integrated options within the file format are supported!

Adobe - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines