Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android 11 documents opened from other apps "corrupt"

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,

Since updating my Google Pixel 4 XL to Android 11, I cannot open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat from certain other apps, e.g., the Chrome or Files apps. Trying to open a PDF from an affected app results in a an error message reading, "The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged."

I know that the documents are not actually corrupted. In fact, I can open them with Acrobat if I start in the Acrobat app and find the documents via Files>Browse more files. When I open them that way, Acrobat gives a notification that "Adobe Acrobat will create a local copy of this document" before opening the documents successfully.

I see from recent reviews on the Play Store that other customers are experiencing this issue as well, so this is more of a bug report than a request for troubleshooting my particular device. That said, I have tried clearing the app's cache to no avail.

Simeon

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Acrobat team,

I would be happy to accept the NDA and participate as a beta tester. However, I am hpapy to report that I was able to fix the issue by clearing all app data and signing back in.

Simeon

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simeon,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you .We are looking into this issue actively. Would you be interested in accepting the NDA and become a beta tester to help us get the logs from your device and fix this issue? 

If you agree i will add you as beta tester and you will receive mail from Adobe Pre-release system.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Acrobat team,

I would be happy to accept the NDA and participate as a beta tester. However, I am hpapy to report that I was able to fix the issue by clearing all app data and signing back in.

Simeon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this bug, several people are complaining that when they've updated their phones and open books or pdf files in acrobat they say they are corrupt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue,  I since Galaxie note 10+updated to andriod 11, I can't open or edit pdfs.   I will sign nda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have pushed a fix for this issue in Version 21.1.0.16863 of Acrobat release on Play Store. Do you still face the issue with that version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still an issue on my note 10 on version 21.1.0.16863.   I am able to open some PDFS but not others.  This was the case previously, but it does seem better but not 100% fixed.

The example I use is the FBI most wanted for recent bad guy:  Pull down the poster for it: www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/suspected-pipe-bombs-in-washington-dc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From which app are you trying to open this PDF? Or are you trying to open this from the Recent list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat for andriod. Doesn't matter if I try to open a link from web, or
if I try to open from recent, or where it is saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, got it.

From which app are you opening the link from? If you download the link first and then open the file wiith Acrobat, does it work fine?

Can you direct message me with your ID so that we can share a beta app with you which will help us fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried from android chrome, samsung browser, chrome beta, firefox. all
fail

After downloading the file, it will NOT open in any way. Forwarding it to
my computer it OPENS FINE.

I tried replying to the message , your DM, but I get "your message contains
HTML which was stripped, try again." I try to post again, and I get "you
have reached the limit of private messages"
I tried Chrome chrome beta, Samsung browser, firefox. All fail.

After downloading the file, it will NOT open in any way. The system acts
like it is corrupt, but I can forward the file to my desktop and it opens
fine.
I got ill, so sorry for the late reply.

I can send a video, but what is the point? I am not doing anything I
haven't done fore years w/o issue. your site wont let me reply to the
thread, and it says I can't DM as i have sent too many, but I only tried to
send to you. i dobt this will go . I don't see how to send you a video
when I cant even message you. 

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great times.  Hope to hear from you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , the solution was to edit chrome on Android (Samsung Note) to NOT save
to SD card. moving this to phone storage fixed everything.

So frustrating searching for twelve hours, two weeks, but at least there is
an easy solution, although not ideal.

Thanks, Admins for editing, and forgive my frustration.

I still can not post on this forum except for replying to email of the
thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problem after upgrading Samsung 6lite tablet to android 11. If I try to open a .pdf file from my file program ES explorer pro, I get the cannot open file is corrupt message. However if I try to open the file from within Adobe, or the Samsung file manager it opens fine. Iv used ES for years and I hate to loose its usefulness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update I can open PDF files within my file browser app using PDF write. However Adobe reader still returns corrupt file message when I try to open a file from browser app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transfered a older version of Adobe reader to my galaxy 6 lite, and it works perfectly thru my preferred file manager ES pro. Trying to use the latest version of Adobe Reader for Samsung results in unable to open file. File is corrupt message after updating to android 11. Somehow trying to launch Adobe Reader for Samsung thru a third party file manager and Android 11 is not compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is still faulty, giving the same 'corrupted or damaged' message. When opened with Windows on my PC, it works, but not with Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Edge on my Samsung Note 10+ running Android 11 says  pdf is disabled so now I cannot open pdf file from my employer. This worked a few months ago so is there a solution? Will not download the files either. Very frustrating. 

Screenshot_20211028-183454_Edge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be fixed. PDF files on the SD card still gets a "corrupted file" error from the latest Acrobat. This is 2 years after the problem was reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jammintime,

Sorry to see you are experiencing the issue with Acrobat Reader Mobile.

Would you mind sharing a few more details for further investigation:

1. A screen recording of what's happening for a better understanding;

2. The original file, along with the corrupted file, to test.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines