Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android cannot read some PDF files

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this PDF open all PDF attachments?

Reason I ask is I get PDF files from insurance companies and some cannot be opened on my android phone.

What I need to do is go to my computer open it then send it to Dropbox and then I can open it from their with my android phone. What's wrong with this.

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pegleg,

If I understand correctly, the file doesn't open when opening directly but when you upload it on Dropbox and then open it through the mobile application Adobe Reader, it opens fine.

There could be a possibility the problem is with the file's location, where exactly its saved initially. There are few specific locations which are not supported in mobile app. For example- if the file shared by the sender is actually saved on shared drive which has certain restrictions then there is a possibility that mobile application would not be able to access the file form that location.

However, when you are saving the same file to your "Dropbox" and able to access it using mobile app it did work. Because Dropbox is supported in Adobe Reader mobile app.

Could you please share the exact steps how exactly you are opening the document on mobile?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PDF folder does not have the Acrobat logo but it is a PDF FILE and at that point I know I will not be able to open it with my android phone.

The log it has is like a mountain outline if that helps.

Like I said, i will have to open it off the desk top and then save it to dropbox then i can open it and also resend it out reconvened back to a real Acrobat PDF.

It have been like this for years with two of my providers that send me my work orders.

They can not tell me what program they are using either. It is their corporate.

A company named "lynx network" & HSG Network" they are the only ones I have a problem with getting my PDF work orders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines