Highlighted

Android Files "Open with" doesn't show Adobe Reader

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Pixel 3XL, I do the following:

1. Open the default "Files" app (Files by Google 1.0.297653579)
  2. Go to the downloads folder.
  3. Tap on a PDF file.
  4. "Open with" panel slides up with only two options: Drive PDF viewer and Adobe Digital Editions. 

I want Adobe Acrobat Reader to also show up as an option, but it does not. How do I fix this? 

Note: I can open the same file with Adobe Acrobat Reader if I first open the app, navigate to the file, and open it. Also, I've cleared all defaults in all three apps (Adobe Reader, Digital Editions, and Files). 

TOPICS
Android, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Android Files "Open with" doesn't show Adobe Reader

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Pixel 3XL, I do the following:

1. Open the default "Files" app (Files by Google 1.0.297653579)
  2. Go to the downloads folder.
  3. Tap on a PDF file.
  4. "Open with" panel slides up with only two options: Drive PDF viewer and Adobe Digital Editions. 

I want Adobe Acrobat Reader to also show up as an option, but it does not. How do I fix this? 

Note: I can open the same file with Adobe Acrobat Reader if I first open the app, navigate to the file, and open it. Also, I've cleared all defaults in all three apps (Adobe Reader, Digital Editions, and Files). 

TOPICS
Android, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google drive doesn't let you do that. If you want this method to open your PDFs natively in the Adobe Reader mobile app they woukd have to be downloaded directly from the Document Cloud.

Google have their own PDF viewer and don't support this method.

As long as you continue to use Google drive cloud service you need to download and use the long method that you described.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0