Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello....

I'm on a Samsung galaxy S8. 

Your app version 18.2.0.18......

Android 8

Samsung experience 9

My issue....disappearing android navigation bar...

I have my android settings as such that it should not disappear...but in your app it does... 

When I go I to the app...I'll will either get a list of pdf's and I select a pdf to go I to....or it will go directly into a pdf when I go into the app....that's ok...

Once in a pdf, the issue rears its ugly head...  the initial 'view' of document (the pdf) shows me my android navigation bar and your pdf 'editing' bar at the bottom and your pdf 'header' at the top...  the header bar clips/blocks the top 1.5-2 inches of the pdf document....so I tap on the document once and the 'header' & the 'editing' button & android navigation bar all disappear   .

To get it back I must swipe up and when I swipe up, I may get the navigation bar back, bit not always....AND!  I ALWAYS move the view of the document to at least a page or 2 down from where I was. 

And....at least half the time I swipe down to get back to where I was the navigation bar disappears again 

Samsung support says all they can offer for a solution is in their settings select for my navigation bar to stay visible....but your sp doesn't seem to honor that setting....  at one point I believe it did keep the navigation bar in place but some series of updates since (for a while now) your pdf app acts as described above...

I use the app weekly if not daily and am usually flipping between it and other apps copying and pasting viia the 'recent apps' button on the android navigation bar....when the acrobat app hide that bar it makes flippingbetween acrobat and other apps difficult....

Please advise

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to say, it is not possible to remove only the header while viewing the PDF.

It is a designed behavior.

You need to remove both the header and navigation bar in order to read the complete PDF without any block off.

You may share your suggestion on this with the team over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jovil,

Generally, when you open the Adobe Acrobat Reader application on the mobile it opens the Recent tab by default.

Application opens up directly to a PDF only when you have not closed the PDF before closing the application last time.

Regarding the navigation bar, when you open a PDF and single tap on it, the application goes to the reading mode.

That is why the header and the navigation bar disappears.

To get back the navigation bar, you just need to single tap on the PDF.

The navigation bar along with the tools will appear again. There is no need to swipe up as it will not work for the navigation bar.

This is a designed behavior of the application. It cannot be changed.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not mention that part.  I am aware the single tap got to read mode and a 2nd single tap goes back to initial mode, which brings the navigation bar back...but it also puts the header back and the document I read for work has info I need cut off/blocked by the header...hence the frustration....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to say, it is not possible to remove only the header while viewing the PDF.

It is a designed behavior.

You need to remove both the header and navigation bar in order to read the complete PDF without any block off.

You may share your suggestion on this with the team over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines