• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android "document path is not valid" when openeing from Document Cloud

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file uploaded in my document cloud of size 130 MB. The file opens fine in my Adobe reader on Desktop from the cloud. On my Pixel 2 XL with Android 9.0 and with latest Reader app, i get the following error after the file downloads 100% "The document path is not valid". I have tried other files on the phone from the cloud and they all open except this one. Is there a file size issue here? I have enough space on my phone and no network issues. I have tried uploading the same file to the cloud to make sure its properly uploaded.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaguar2010,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting " the document path is not valid" error when opening a file (of 130 MB) from a document cloud, is that correct?

The product team is aware of the issue and looking into it.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. My file is 500 + MB file it opens in Adobe desktop reader and in document cloud in browser but in Android mobile it's does not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue on my Pixel 2 XL with Android 9.0 (May'19 security update) and also on my Amazon Fire Tablet. The file is of size 157 MB. This opens up well on my Windows PC and even my Samsung Chromebook (which uses the Android app for Adobe DC anyway). Smaller files saved on my DC opens fine. It appears there is something related to the file size.

I bought the tablet so that I can access and read my training material saved on the adobe DC. This is not helping. Adobe needs to fix this ASAP please.

Thanks,

Mithun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for looking into this issue. Has there been an answer? I just started getting the same error on my Kindle Fire. Normally it works fine but suddenly the error has appeared and re-install doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be specific when you say Kindle Fire.

Wich Fire OS version and which generation is it?

In any case look here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200790620

Identify your product and operating system version from the link above and also update your operating system to reflect its current version.

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Mobile App  completely; then go here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Download and install the full offline installer for Reader DC from the link above and not from the Playstore. 

Be advised that FireOS is based on AndroidOS Nougat version 7.1 stable release 2. So you will probably have to try both the 32bit or 64 bit version from the link above for  AndroidOS versions 5 and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the assistance.

Here are my specs:

Fire Model 7

Fire OS 5.6.4.0 

However, neither the 32 nor the 64 bit versions run on the device.

I only encountered problems very recently; up until then everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read recently from this thread:https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/acrobat-reader-for-kindle-fire/td-p/10520960 that Amazon has discontinued the use of the Google Playstore.

So maybe you're able to manually install the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app  version that can fit in your Kindle device.

But honestly, when this situations happen to me, if I was in your shoes, I would unlock and root that device device and see if it works?

Even better, I would definitely install Android Nougat myself in that device or another custom made Android version with no bloatware, like BlissOS for example.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21b5Fl-FEaE

As you may already know rooting and unlocking is supported now in 5th generation tablets and above:.

https://www.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire-7-5th-7th-gen-unlocked-rooted/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/development/unlock-fire-t3899860

There

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also face this issue but for my chrome book. I can access a file (130 mb) I saved on document cloud just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue on android huawei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Galaxy Note 9 Android 9.0

Please fix the issue asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all in this thread,

This is a little late reply but i've seen othe users in other threads menrioning about the same problem.

There is a possible solution in this link posted by Meenakshin, Adobe Employee:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader-Mobile/Re-How-to-access-pdf-from-cloud-on-iPad-when-sa... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines