• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Reader: High data storage

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Android when I go into  app--adobe acrobat - - memory in the data section  I find 4GB of data stored. How can that be possible? any suggestion

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gulluwing,

Thank you for providing the details.

As you have mentioned above, the App storage is 138mb and the data storage is 463mb.

That indicates that either you are opening a lot of files from the third-party apps like Gmail which gets saved in the internal area of the application Or you are opening lots of files from Document Cloud.

If you are opening the files from Document Cloud, please try once the steps provided below:

- Go to Application Settings > Preferences > Document Cloud cache location.

- Change it to "SD Card" location

Check if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gulluwing,

As it shows the 4GB data for the application, please try once to sign out of the application.

Uninstall the application and reboot the device.

Then try to re-install the application from the Google play store and also check the size of the application it shows there on the play store.

Once the application is installed and check the memory storage for the application in the device settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done what yku told me and after 3 days in memory I have 550 mb. the same problem in the samsung tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gulluwing,

Could you please provide the details as asked below:

- Adobe Acrobat Reader version installed on the device

- Make and model of the device

- OS version on the Android device.

Please also share the details for your Samsung tablet as well.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe latest android version 19.0.0.8512

devices: mediapad m5 pro with android  8 and samsung galaxy tab A  sm-m550  with android 7.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details.

Could you please check and let us know how much storage of internal data is taking in the application?

To check that, please refer to the following steps:

- On your Android device, go to System Settings.

- Then go to Application Manager and select Adobe Acrobat.

- Select Storage from the list of options.

There will be separate rows for “App”, “data” and “total”. Please share the storage shows there for "App" and “data”.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

data 463mb

appapp 138mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gulluwing,

Thank you for providing the details.

As you have mentioned above, the App storage is 138mb and the data storage is 463mb.

That indicates that either you are opening a lot of files from the third-party apps like Gmail which gets saved in the internal area of the application Or you are opening lots of files from Document Cloud.

If you are opening the files from Document Cloud, please try once the steps provided below:

- Go to Application Settings > Preferences > Document Cloud cache location.

- Change it to "SD Card" location

Check if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Team,

I have the same problem, in mobile its consuming around 21Gb of space, I have removed the many documens which I scanned but the space is still showing the same. I try to follow the steps mentioned but I couldn't found the option " Document Cloud cache location"

Please suggest me to reduce the space utilization in my mobile. as all documents are getting saved in cloud but still consuming lot of space in my mobile.

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines