Highlighted

Apple Pencil on PDF reader

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest 2018 iPad Pro with gen 2 pencil, my issue is that i cannot seem to use it with acrobat which is so frustrating. There are apps that help but are not very good. I saw an older post that said hold your finger down on a blank area and “freehand” would appear. I don’t get that, only “select all“ or ”copy”  

Please help, without this function my uses for the iPad are almost nil.

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple Pencil on PDF reader

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the latest 2018 iPad Pro with gen 2 pencil, my issue is that i cannot seem to use it with acrobat which is so frustrating. There are apps that help but are not very good. I saw an older post that said hold your finger down on a blank area and “freehand” would appear. I don’t get that, only “select all“ or ”copy”  

Please help, without this function my uses for the iPad are almost nil.

Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 15, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darrynstephenRSA,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are unable to use apple pencil in acrobat reader on your ipad, is that correct?

Tap pen icon in the bottom-right>comment

Tap pencil icon( in the top bar) and check if that brings freehand tool.

Refer: Working with PDF — Acrobat Reader Mobile App

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a similar issue.  I have 2 documents saved to Adobe Reader on my iPad Pro.  When I open the first PDF I can see the pencil icon in the lower-right corner and I can tap on it to see the usual Pencil menu, select the color, etc.  However when I open the second PDF I don't see the blue pencil icon in the lower-right corner so I can't use the pencil to draw.  Why might I see the blue icon for pencil drawing in one document but not in the other?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am also having issues with not being able to edit PDFs since updatig to 19.12.00. The blue pencil option only exists on the Welcome PDF that comes pre-installed on the app. See the below screenshot of one of the PDFs I am trying to edit with the Pencil:

50653B50-2BDF-4B82-A7EE-756E92381262.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0