• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple pencil, switching to eraser not working.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have been using Apple Pencil with Acrobat Reader on my iPad Pro 2018, and  I just found that I no longer can switch to eraser by double-tapping the pencil, which means I cannot erase things I wrote on the pdf files. I am pretty sure I could do it before, so I am wondering if you could help with solving this issue. FYI, the double-tapping function works perfectly with other apps, so I presume it's not because of the malfunction of the pencil itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm that you have updated the app and the OS to the latest versions?

I tested it on my ipad+pen. I had to tap outside my writing and tap on it again.

A set of options appears in a floating panel, including a delete icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Eric

Thank you for your reply. Both the app and OS are updated. Yes, I still can 'delete' what I wrote with a floating panel appearing which appears when I re-tap it, just as you said. What I want to do is erase it with the pen, which I could do before.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Like you, I am able to use the double-tap to turn the earser on in other apps, not in Acrobat on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines