• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Support in Reader for Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to fill an Arabic document using Acrobat Reader Mobile. Whenever I type the Arabic and tap outside the text box, the Arabic text gets immediately erased. Please help. I'm Acrobat Pro. 

TOPICS
iOS , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

There’s no need to worry or apologize. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

>From what I understood, you were talking about the app’s interface language, which changes the menu of the app to a different language. What I want to find out is if the app supports the Arabic language within documents - as in typing in Arabic in documents.

I can’t seem to figure this out yet. It seems it’s not possible. I have requested to add this feature or setting.

Thanks.

Maurice

Get Outlook for iOS

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this iOS13?

The localization for Arabic support and right-to-left languages is only available in iOS13.

If you're already uisng iOS 13 and this problem started happening recently, can or would you be able to reset the localization for Arabic language in your mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your response. My iOS is using the latest version, which is 14.2. I’m not sure what you meant by resetting the Arabic language localization setting. Did you mean removing the Arabic language, restarting, re-adding the language, and trying again? Otherwise, please clarify. My phone is brand new and I just installed Adobe Acrobat Reader, and removing a language is not something common to do for bugs in iOS. Thanks.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize I should've clarified that Arabic and Hebrew localization and language region for this languages is supported in version 13 and above of iOS.

And I meant reset as in readjust the current settings, improve, reverify, not to remove any language.

In your version of iOS you set language localization and language region support during the initial setup of your mobile device. But  this also is not what I was suggesting. What I was trying to explain didn't came out right, so again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

What I was trying to suggest is that you can configure multiple language system wide in yuor iOS device (a preferred language plus an alternate language) and also localization per individual app in your phone.

For example, You can have one app supported in one language and another app supporting another different language in the same device. So I was wondering if you can make these settings work with the Acrobat Reader mobile app.

See here: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/change-languages-per-app-basis-your-iphone-ios-13-0208770/

But I don't have iOS I use Android and based on my Android device settings I am not sure if this language localization and language region is actually supported by the Acrobat Reader mobile app as to actually work and be able to  edit documents with a paid subscription plan.

See a more official answer about Arabic support here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/support-arabic-language-in-export-pdf/td-p/1104...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

There’s no need to worry or apologize. Thanks a lot for the clarification.

>From what I understood, you were talking about the app’s interface language, which changes the menu of the app to a different language. What I want to find out is if the app supports the Arabic language within documents - as in typing in Arabic in documents.

I can’t seem to figure this out yet. It seems it’s not possible. I have requested to add this feature or setting.

Thanks.

Maurice

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines