• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic updload to Box not working after update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to version 17.07.26, when I annotate a PDF stored on Box, the app says "document saved" but there is no sync to Box. Basically the PDF is not updated with the annotations.

it worked well with the previous version. any clue on what may be happening?

Also my Dropbox account keeps disconnecting...

i'm very unhappy with this update of the app. I'm on iPad Pro 10.5.

thanks for any help

best

m

edit: closing the app completely (from the app switcher) and opening it again somehow forces Box to sync ad save the updated PDF. IT's a workaround but clearly not a solution.

Message was edited by: Mattia Gallizioli

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mattia and michaelh28575532,

Could you please try following after seeing “Document saved” followed by switching to Box,

#1. Please check the PDF modified date is up-to-date in Box

#2. It will take some time to get updated version of PDF appearing to the Box. Therefore, please use pull-down gesture few times on Box to refresh and make sure the latest updated PDF appearing

#3. Reopen the PDF in Box and annotations should appear

Thank you for your patience,

-derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no change to modified date for the PDF on Box. This is because Adobe Acrobat is not saving the updated PDF back to Box, even though a notice pops up in Acrobat indicating that it did save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm. No change.

Dropbox works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saves are working on iPhone, but not on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Mattia and michaelh28575532,

Could you please try following steps,

#1. Update to the current latest version of Box and Acrobat which currently are 4.1.6 and 17.07.27 respectively

#2. Restart your device

#3. Make sure you have stable network and give it try again

Note, syncing the changes to Box will take awhile even "Document Saved" appears in Acrobat. I recommend to switch to Box's "Recents" and check if the PDF modified date is up-to-date in Box. If not, please be patient and use pull-down gesture few times on Box to refresh and the latest updated PDF should appear at the top.

Thank you for your patience,

-derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the iPad appears to have resolved the issue. This should be communicated during app updates. Normally, a restart is not required. Many of my colleagues are having this same issue, so the fact that a restart is required in order to regain full functionality is maybe something you can include in your app update notes. I think many of us take for granted the fact that we use devices every day that do not have be booted up or restarted. So if a restart must be performed, it would help to be notified of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not for me, but I have now switched to iOS 11 beta so I don't expect full

functionality...

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines