Highlighted

Black boxes when printing PDF

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to troubleshoot an issue for a couple of months now. I AirPrint PDF files to an Epson printer. For over a year I had no issues. Now the documents preview correctly but then often have black boxes around many of the graphics.

I am a teacher and school starts soon!  I have so much to prepare and have wasted so much time, ink, and paper. The printer help desk seems to think it is a program issue and not a printing issue.

Was there an update recently that changed?  The same files don’t print properly any more.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black boxes when printing PDF

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to troubleshoot an issue for a couple of months now. I AirPrint PDF files to an Epson printer. For over a year I had no issues. Now the documents preview correctly but then often have black boxes around many of the graphics.

I am a teacher and school starts soon!  I have so much to prepare and have wasted so much time, ink, and paper. The printer help desk seems to think it is a program issue and not a printing issue.

Was there an update recently that changed?  The same files don’t print properly any more.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info. I have tried printing from my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air. I’ve printed directly from the Acrobat App and also from copies I sent to iBooks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

We apologize for the delay in response.

Hoping that you have managed to find the solution by now. If you are still struggling with the same issue then try the following suggestions-

1- As shared, you did try with other devices as well and all returning the same pattern. Was it with every PDF or a specific one? Check with a different file.

2- Try updating printer drivers first. If multiple devices causing problem, then it could be a faulty printer.

3- Can you share the Acrobat version you are using on different devices?  

Let us know if you have managed to find the solution.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue!  I have deleted and reinstalled my printers, I've made sure my "window selection" is white and not black in my preferences tab, I've called HP about my printer and it's still happening.  When I convert the page I want to a jpeg...it DOES NOT happen, only when the file is a PDF.  I don't have time to convert every page to jpeg, what should I do now?  What setting is changed?  This just started recently!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! were you able to get the issue resolved? If so, how? I am having this same issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was NOT!!! Still trying to get this worked out!

*Cheers,*
*Ashley*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload your pdf to Google Drive then print it by clicking the print icon in the top right of the screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be down to hyperlinks on the page, are you using MacOS or Windows, as the problem is typically Mac by the looks of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the fix to this.  It IS a Mac issue.  The fix is to go to the file then click on it and hold, then press control and click "open with Adobe".  You should then be able to print it with no problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0