• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank/Original File opens following Update/Save .pdf

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing what I think may be a new feature, but possibly not, when you open a .pdf and update it, then using the back button exit the .pdf which auto saves it, when you next select on the same .pdf it somehow opens the original unedited version but as a new document with a number in front of the .pdf, e.g. 2.pdf, each time you update and save the .pdf and open it again a new file is opened. - Is this the correct/expected operation - I am expecting to open the same/updated document each time not the original unedited version, can this 'new' feature be switched off? - From reading other Q&A's I think this is being seen by other users but they are assuming that updates to the .pdf did not save as they are presented with a blank/original .pdf when they re-open the .pdf following a save.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi neilp16600314​,

What is the version of your Acrobat Reader?

There are known problems with Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad.  However, you posted your question to the Acrobat Reader for Android phones and tablets user forum.

I can move this forum post, if needed.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat v17.5.180092 used on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Android v7.0

Thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi neilp16600314​,

Thank you for the information.

You reported the problem to the right forum!  Version 17.5.180092 is definitely an Acrobat Reader Android app.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil,

We understand your problem.

Please answer few of my queries that will lead towards the resolution of this issue.

Can you please tell us more about the workflow you are following, specifically the source of file (local/document cloud/gmail etc.) and the modification that you are making to the pdf. If the source is gmail, then creation of new replicas of the same pdf is an expected behaviour.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines