Exit

Blurry printing Adobe Acrobat Reader Android

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning everyone,

CURRENT SITUATION:

I have around 60 Samsung tablets with 60 HP OfficeJet printers scattered around the country.

ISSUE:

On all of this Samsung Tablets when I use Adobe Acrobat reader to print a document it comes out as blurred.

VERIFICATIONS:

1. I firstly verified if the issue revolves around PDF documents only, I tried printing a word file and it comes out flawlessly.

2.I then verified if it could be the reader, I downloaded an "off-brand" PDF reader on my test Samsung and I managed to print out the same document, the final image was perfect.

3. I verified the last update on the Play Store and Adobe has been updated to V.19.9.0.10841 last night,I then downgraded it to an older version ( V.19.7.1.10708 ) and it works fine, this made me jump to the conclusion that the latest update changed some setting.

SUMMARY

Latest update Adobe Reader V.19.9.0.10841 prints very blurred images, is there a setting I can check or do I have to wait for an hotfix update?

I can post any updates you want and I can provide pictures of the two images printed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One has to buy the Pro version to be able to use this. There must be other options to check potential issues with the free version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I apologize. I lost track of what you were using.

With Reader you're very limited to what can be dobe in terms of editing.

And yes you're right it could be a font embedding issue.

I'm seriously running out of suggestions.

This should've been resolved long time ago with the Adobe Cleanup amd Repair Tool, then download and install Adobe Reader for all versions, and a printer hard reset followed by an manual driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating!
But I'll respectfully disagree because this question has already been addressed on the forums. My main criticism is based on the following discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/ghost-image-on-side-s-of-page/m-p/9953581?page=1

If you think the problem isn't mechanical, however, you still haven't determined whether it persisted even after all the printing software was updated.

Therefore, the basis of my second criticism is the software's settings and how it handles PDF files (at the printer level).

That does not necessarily imply that Acrobat is the only application that is acting improperly (if at all possible).

See this additional discussion, which is followed by the advice on troubleshooting steps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/ghost-image-on-side-s-of-page/m-p/9953581

https://www.printsupportusa.com/how-do-i-get-my-hp-printer-to-go-back-online/

Finally, the following YouTube video provides more information that will help rule out the possibility that the printing driver configuration used at the time had an impact on mechanical performance:

The very final... I discovered that a printer reset to factory default could also address the problem outside of the Adobe support site.

Having said that, you haven't mentioned whether you were able to contact HP support for advice and learn what the vendor suggests to resolve this particular problem.

How to fix double printing (ghost pictures) when using a printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @printer27655688d2ps,

The thread discussed here is mainly related to the mobile version of the application.

We would like to understand why the abnormality occurs with the PDFs when printing. 

Would you mind sharing a sample PDF for us to reproduce the issue at our end for better investigation?

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check Printer Settings:

Ensure that your printer settings are configured correctly. Open the print dialog in Adobe Acrobat Reader and verify that the paper size, orientation, and other settings match your printer's capabilities.

Update Adobe Acrobat Reader:

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your Android device. Updates may include bug fixes and improvements that could address printing issues.

Print as PDF and Then Print:

Instead of directly printing from Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can try printing the document to a PDF file first. Once you have the PDF, open it with a PDF viewer or Google Drive, and then try printing it from there.

Print from a Computer:

If possible, transfer the PDF file to a computer and try printing it from there. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the Android version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Check Printer Connection:

Ensure that your Android device is properly connected to the printer. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure that both the Android device and the printer are on the same network.

Adjust Print Quality:

In the printer settings, check if there is an option to adjust print quality. Lowering the print quality may reduce blurriness.

Use a Different PDF Viewer:

Try using a different PDF viewer app to open and print the document. There are several alternative PDF viewer apps available on the Google Play Store.

Printer Driver Update:

If you are using a wireless or network printer, check if there are any available updates for the printer drivers. Outdated drivers may lead to printing issues.

Print a Test Page:

Print a test page from your printer settings to check if the issue persists with other documents. This can help determine whether the problem is specific to Adobe Acrobat Reader or if it's a broader printing issue.

Check Document Resolution:

Ensure that the PDF document itself has a sufficient resolution. If the document is low resolution, printing it may result in blurriness.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT Call support group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines