Blurry printing Adobe Acrobat Reader Android

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning everyone,

CURRENT SITUATION:

I have around 60 Samsung tablets with 60 HP OfficeJet printers scattered around the country.

ISSUE:

On all of this Samsung Tablets when I use Adobe Acrobat reader to print a document it comes out as blurred.

VERIFICATIONS:

1. I firstly verified if the issue revolves around PDF documents only, I tried printing a word file and it comes out flawlessly.

2.I then verified if it could be the reader, I downloaded an "off-brand" PDF reader on my test Samsung and I managed to print out the same document, the final image was perfect.

3. I verified the last update on the Play Store and Adobe has been updated to V.19.9.0.10841 last night,I then downgraded it to an older version ( V.19.7.1.10708 ) and it works fine, this made me jump to the conclusion that the latest update changed some setting.

SUMMARY

Latest update Adobe Reader V.19.9.0.10841 prints very blurred images, is there a setting I can check or do I have to wait for an hotfix update?

I can post any updates you want and I can provide pictures of the two images printed.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One has to buy the Pro version to be able to use this. There must be other options to check potential issues with the free version. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I apologize. I lost track of what you were using.

With Reader you're very limited to what can be dobe in terms of editing.

And yes you're right it could be a font embedding issue.

I'm seriously running out of suggestions.

This should've been resolved long time ago with the Adobe Cleanup amd Repair Tool, then download and install Adobe Reader for all versions, and a printer hard reset followed by an manual driver update.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines