Bookmarks are not being transfered between devices

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an android tablet and an androis smarphone, i use my tablet to add bookmarks on my pdf files wich help me a lot to study, i i wanted to have my files with all those bookmarks saved on my phone too so i transfered my pdfs with wi-fi direct and found out that all my pdfs lost the bookmarks that i added myself, then i uploaded the files to document cloud and opened the files from there but again no bookmarks, i used google drive and the same happened, i contacted support but they couldn't find out why and advised me to make this thread in the forum.

My problem is that bookmarks on my pdf files that i add are not saved when i send those files to any other device, they are only saved on the device that i use to add those bookmarks.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Android, Comment markup and annotate, Edit and export, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 04, 2020
Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional , Jul 04, 2020
Adobe Acrobat on Windows or Mac can add bookmarks to PDF files. Not possible with Acrobat Reader. On Android systems you can add bookmarks. This bookmarks are not saved in the PDF file. It uses a Android feature.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. Acrobat Reader can't add bookmarks to the PDF file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
ClirimA AUTHOR
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it that some pdfs have bookmarks for example my university study books that i have in pdf? Is it a premium user feature or only on pc or something else? Or should i use another app for bookmarking, what would be your suggestion?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat on Windows or Mac can add bookmarks to PDF files. Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

On Android systems you can add bookmarks. This bookmarks are not saved in the PDF file. It uses a Android feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines