Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in viewing pdf in full screen on iphone pro max

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While viewing pdfs horizontally on my iPhone (iPhone 11 pro max) the pdf doesn’t open in real full screen view (it dosen't fill the whole screen to view). in other words there’s grey margins thus can’t use the whole screen size for viewing the pdf & it’s limited to part of the screen. I've never faced this problem before I started using thd new iphone (I've used the app for many years on my previous iphone). I believe it’s not just on my iPhone but also on any other iPhone pro max because they all have big screen relatively to other iPhones maybe.
Hope you can fix this so we can enjoy viewing pdfs in the whole screen (as supposed) & not part of it!.
P.s a screenshot is attached to show the problem.

Thanks
Mohamad0483EEE6-21EE-4AFF-93DA-8B49FD627C2D.png

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohamad,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above, the PDF does not open on whole screen in horizontal screen view.

Could you please confirm if the issue occurs with all the files you are viewing on the mobile application?

What is the application and OS version installed on the device?

Please ensure that the application is updated to the latest version available.

Also, try opening other files and check if they opens in the simialar way.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

so two years later after what I wrote to you the problem is still existant, nothing changed. Still there is no way to view on full screen view while using the phone horizontally. The gray margins seen in the picture that I attached in my previous post are still existant, no matter how much you zoom in, the margins are there, u can zoom in but the gray margins are still there and u can't view any file in full screen.

I'm using the latest version of adobe reader app and my iphone version is ios 14.4.2 ( up to date version). 
Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this too... I have iPhone X, it doesn't happen on an Android phone I have... Don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue sill on iPhone 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing the screenshot on the latest thread.

Just a few more information from your end so that we can dive deep into it:

1. The iOS version of the iPhone you are using.

2. The version number of Acrobat Reader Mobile you are using.

[To check the version number, please open Acrobat Mobile Reader-> click the profile icon on the top right-> About Acrobat Reader Mobile]

Is it happening with a specific document or with all?

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 15.4.1

Adobe reader 24.04.00

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry miss typed adobe version good one is 22.04.00 ( 20220421155212)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And..... where are we Adobe regarding troubleshooting this issue. All of my iPhone software and iOS is current- after hitting the liquid mode button the documents no longer display as spreads. And no hitting the liquid volition again does not change back to the original view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ALEKSANDAR24422584iq8j,

From what I understand, this is designed behavior. An application will take up as much space as is needed to display the full content on the screen. 

The same behavior will be displayed by other apps, too, if you might have tried, and this is something made by Apply and not on Adobe's side.

@susant45368938 Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the workflow you refer to for better understanding? 

It would be beneficial to assist you better.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik

I was wondering if we can fix this issue. My iPhone 15 pro max in landscape mode cuts off sides of my pdf book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its sad but they ignore us by saying this is designed behavior.. i still have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ALEKSANDAR24422584iq8j @Evgeny32858010dznp,

When I say designed behavior, every other application has to respect a certain aspect ratio.

This is not limited to Acrobat Reader Mobile, and is visible on other applciations (Facebook, LinkedIn and many. others) too. 

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  it is Apple puts unreasonable limitations on this app then it's done in order for us to stop using Acrobat reader and use something from Apple instead.

Now I'm using books instead, works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Evgeny32858010dznp Sorry to see you go. 

I will share this as a feedback with my team for them to further investigate in case we can come up with a different workaround.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a sad issue. It seems that the PDF reader in full screen in horizontal view leaves some margin space, perhaps due to the notch. Other apps have a much nicer behavior, of just flowing the PDF around the notch. 

Would be really nice if Adobe fixed this. For now, I'll be using PDF Viewer iPhone app, just for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @f13c53,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

Free flowing of the PDF view is available on portrait view, but horizontal view is restricted by Apple. 

The feedback is already shared with the team, and I will revisit on this with the team.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

horizontal view is restricted by Apple

As I said, many other apps for reading PDF (PDF Viewer by PSPDFKit, for instance) do not have this issue. Therefore I fail to see how this is globally "restricted by Apple" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, any updates on this? Seems like a bug that perhaps could be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines