• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bugs: New version of acrobat reader can’t save changes to the notes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For commenting using text: When making changes to the notes that have been already posted, a lot of the times the changes can’t be saved. I am using IPad Pro.

Also the new version makes it really hard to change the shape of the text box and highlight texts. You need to press and hold to wait for a few seconds to allow the action. Especially for changing the shape the the text box, really hard to find the right spot to tap on and have to do it a multiple times.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fionanana​,

We believe we might have reproduced the issue you are seeing. The problem seems to happen when you tap on the small tappable area below the "Post" button when editing your comments. What happens then is the textbox will disappear, as if you have tapped "Post", but the button itself is actually not tapped, so your changes were not saved. Please see the attached video and image on this thread.

Do you think this might be the issue you were facing? If so, we have taken note of this issue and are working on it. For the time being, as a workaround, please make sure you tap on the "Post" button itself when editing notes. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Riadiani

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fionanana​,

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Regarding saving the commenting changes, after making your changes and tapping the "Done" button, did you receive an error message of any kind?

Regarding the ability to change the shape of the text box and the highlighted texts, we will take your feedback into consideration for future Acrobat iterations. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our customers' overall app experience.

Riadiani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riadian,

thanks for your reply. There is no error message when I try to save the text. Is just that all the new changes are not saved and when I click post, the text still appears to be the old one. About half of the time this happens, half of the time it doesn’t.

When it fails to save the changes, I tried to click done at the left top corner and edit the text again, the changes will then be saved. So I think the error comes in when it’s in the comment mode(after tapping the pen button), and when I exit the comment mode the changes are saved.

And thank you for taking the other feedbacks into considerations.

Fiona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fionanana​,

We believe we might have reproduced the issue you are seeing. The problem seems to happen when you tap on the small tappable area below the "Post" button when editing your comments. What happens then is the textbox will disappear, as if you have tapped "Post", but the button itself is actually not tapped, so your changes were not saved. Please see the attached video and image on this thread.

Do you think this might be the issue you were facing? If so, we have taken note of this issue and are working on it. For the time being, as a workaround, please make sure you tap on the "Post" button itself when editing notes. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Riadiani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fionanana​,

We have an update that should help resolve your issue. We have released Acrobat 18.12.00 to the App Store, and this version should resolve the "tapping on the small area below the 'Post' button causes you to lose comments" issue. Could you please give the new version a try, and see if this resolves your issue? If not, we will troubleshoot the issue further with you.

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked on resolving this issue.

Thank you,

Riadiani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riadiani,

Thanks so much for solving the problem for me, and I have tried the new version which works perfect for me. The issue didn’t come up again. Once again, thanks for your effort in updating the APP and have a great day.

Warm regards,

Fiona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS IS STILL HAPPENING WITH ME IN 2021. It's maddening. I edit a pdf, close it with no error message, re-open it, and sometimes my changes are there, other times not. Complete random reinforcement. I am at wit's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines