• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons do not work in iPad Adobe Reader app.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create buttons on my pdf files. When I transfer the files to my iPad with the Adobe Reader, the buttons with the action "Mouse Up, Execute a menu item, View>Page Navigation>Previous View" will not work. I've tried this on several different files with different button locations, but it always fails to work when its on the iPad using the Adobe Reader app. The buttons work fine in Good Reader, but I need to have functionality in both apps. Any suggestions how to fix this? Both DC and the app are the current software versions.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile has some limitations. It does not have all the features available that works on the desktop application.

As you are creating the buttons for navigation, the action that you are adding will not work on the mobile application.

However, you may refer to the steps provided in this help document How to create navigation buttons for iPad to add the navigation on PDF that will work on iPad.

Check if that works for you.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the link you referenced shows how to create a button that goes to a page view. I already know how to do this. What I need to know is with the ios reader apps limited functions, which Triggers and Actions that are available when you create a button will work on this app. Or is mouse up, go to a page view the only ones that work? I don't have the time or patience to try every combination to see which ones work and which ones do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello did you figure this out because I am having the same issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If just reading the pdf, pdf expert software proved good.. navigation buttons created worked in it...
but not in adobe s own reader..strange!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one has resolved this, the link doesn't work anymore and we find ourselves in the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

"Execute menu item" functions don't work & my custom Javascript code doesn't work either (code to add files to the .pdf).

Is there hope that it will be fixed in future updates? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu items doesn't exists in Acrobat Reader on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too having same issue... created a button for navigation... not working on iPad..only windows it's working in 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is like a plague. PDFs not working on ipad (Acrobat Reader 22) and when I call tech support they say it should. I really wish that Adobe would address the fact that button and field actions are not working on iOS mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with app version 22.04.00 (20220421.155212).
We have double-checked with a colleague who has version installed on his Ipad 20.10.00 (20201013.161436) - he has no issues.

Would be nice to know if this will be fixed maybe with the next update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent around 20 hours on the telephone with Adobe support who commented on my design and talked about the weather in New Delhi, but were not able to fix this. They finally realized that the New Reader was not supporting javaScript on iOS. They tried to bring in the development team in for bug fixes but were told that reader no longer supports iOS. So they will sell you Acrobat Pro DC on the basis that you can use the JS features for mobile but they will tell you that they do now support mobile, iOS or otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ques1 

Sorry for the inconvenience you faced. As it is a limitation with the Acrobat Reader on mobile devices that certain feature of the PDF form which are there on the desktop version. Also, the Reader app for mobile is only supported on the Adobe community forum and not on live call or chat as of now. 

For more information please refer to: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/forms.html

For feature requests kindly go to our Adobe wishform, the requests directly goes to  engineering/developement team for consideration. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from your link you have changed your spec on PDF reader. This is too little too late. You need to change your advertising to say, Most features of Acrobate Pro DC do not work on mobile devices. I have PDFs that worked fine before the reader updated in March of 2022, now they no longer work. This cost me my largest customer and it cost them thousands of dollars. There is no excuse for Adobe's conduct, I would not be suprised if a class action suit is started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because, you know, we're all moving away from mobile devices and working at these new things called PCs - sarcasm intended!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy although tedious work around is to create bookmarks for each page and manually link the previous and next page using "go to destination" and your page bookmark. A home icon can be linked to a home bookmark in the same way and can be placed on your master/parent page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines