Highlighted

Buttons do not work in iPad Adobe Reader app.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create buttons on my pdf files. When I transfer the files to my iPad with the Adobe Reader, the buttons with the action "Mouse Up, Execute a menu item, View>Page Navigation>Previous View" will not work. I've tried this on several different files with different button locations, but it always fails to work when its on the iPad using the Adobe Reader app. The buttons work fine in Good Reader, but I need to have functionality in both apps. Any suggestions how to fix this? Both DC and the app are the current software versions.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Buttons do not work in iPad Adobe Reader app.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to create buttons on my pdf files. When I transfer the files to my iPad with the Adobe Reader, the buttons with the action "Mouse Up, Execute a menu item, View>Page Navigation>Previous View" will not work. I've tried this on several different files with different button locations, but it always fails to work when its on the iPad using the Adobe Reader app. The buttons work fine in Good Reader, but I need to have functionality in both apps. Any suggestions how to fix this? Both DC and the app are the current software versions.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile has some limitations. It does not have all the features available that works on the desktop application.

As you are creating the buttons for navigation, the action that you are adding will not work on the mobile application.

However, you may refer to the steps provided in this help document How to create navigation buttons for iPad to add the navigation on PDF that will work on iPad.

Check if that works for you.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the link you referenced shows how to create a button that goes to a page view. I already know how to do this. What I need to know is with the ios reader apps limited functions, which Triggers and Actions that are available when you create a button will work on this app. Or is mouse up, go to a page view the only ones that work? I don't have the time or patience to try every combination to see which ones work and which ones do not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello did you figure this out because I am having the same issues 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0