Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello....

I'm on a Samsung galaxy S8. 

Your app version 18.2.0.18......

Android 8

Samsung experience 9

My issue....inability to copy text from an ordinary pdf...nothing that's locked or has some sort of security but into it...just simply won't copy.  It'll highlight what I want to copy, it'll let me.select 'copy' but it will NOT actually copy anything to the clipboard so I can paste it ...

Please advise

TOPICS
Android , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jovil,

In the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application when you long press the text and click on Copy, it saves on the clipboard.

To use the copied text, you need to long press the field where you wish to add that text.

It will give you the option "Paste". Click on it and the text will appear.

As you have mentioned that it did not work, is it an issue with the particular PDF?

If yes, it may be possible that the content copying is not allowed for the PDF.

Check the document properties of the PDF on the desktop application.

Did you try to check it on other PDFs? If not, please check.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct.  Now and then it does not allow my to successfully 'copy'.  The pdf's I am working with 99.9% of the time are trip tickets (I am a chauffeur)  and I am just trying to copy the customer's #so I can past them into my phones contacts...  about once a month I'll get a seemingly normal trip ticket and I long press highlighti g the customer's phone number and it gives me a menu and I select 'copy' and then I got to my count and add and go to paste and it is what ever I copied previous to trying to copy the phone number from the pdf.  I most recently tried it 5 or 6 ti.es and it just kept pasting words I had copied earlier that day and not the 10-digit phone # it appeared to be copying from the pdf.  I even tried to copy just the last 7 digits and I'd enter the area code and for the life of me...it would NOT copy a si glo digit of that phone # to the clipboard.   Oddly, that was the bride's # it let copy & paste  the groom's # with zero issues.

This is I'm guessing a bug...either in the office's software or in more likely in the mobile pdf app...

Open to whatever insight I can glean from this great and wise community:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information.

Could you please confirm that trip tickets which you get is not an image converted to PDF?

It may be the reason the copy and paste do not work.

Also, let us know if it is an issue only with the trip tickets?

Are you able to copy the number from any of the trip tickets?

Try to check with some other PDF (not a trip ticket) and let us know if the copy and paste feature works.

Is it possible to share any one of the problematic PDF with us, so we can check it on our end?

You may either share it here on the forum reply or share it in a private message.

To initiate a private message, take help of the steps mentioned here How Do I Send Private Message.

You can share the file using these steps How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To the best I can recall...it is only with these 'trip tickets' for my work.  It's a 1-page of pdf...when it has happened, I've been able to copy & paste some info...just a rare moment of a random piece of text on part of the pdf I want able to copy successfully...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines