• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't fill in pdf form on tablet, yet i can fill in same form on laptop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a consent form on my laptop which requires client signatures for consent.  I cannot email them the form as sometimes they have communication difficulties and cannot read it themselves.  I saved the form I created as extended reader pdf (fill n sign).  It will open on my laptop but when I upload it to the creative cloud and then try to fill n sign it on my tablet, it says "Restricted Document.  Modifying the document  is not allowed because it is a read-only file".  However, I did not save this a read-only file and when I checked the security settings, they are open.  Can someone tell me what is going on with this particular form?  I have tried creating it a few times but the same result always occurs.  I can open  other pdf documents on my tablet that I created - but never this one.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the reader extensions, which sign the document, cause it to be treated as read only. Pure speculation. Certainly reader extensions have never been relevant to mobiles, and are pretty irrelevant to Mac and Windows too now.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does you upload the form to the creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually copy it into the creative cloud, initially on my laptop. I can

then access the file for "fill n sign" - on my laptop or from my actual

document files on laptop. Both of them work on laptop. But when I go to

creative cloud on samsung pad - it says the document is read only. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the reader extensions, which sign the document, cause it to be treated as read only. Pure speculation. Certainly reader extensions have never been relevant to mobiles, and are pretty irrelevant to Mac and Windows too now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created other documents prior to this one, the same way which open on my

tablet via the cloud - so I can't be sure it's related to the reader

extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I re-did this document again.  I saved it only as a normal pdf with a file name i.e. not with extended rights.  I could then open this document on the Samsung tablet and use fill 'n sign to sign it.  So, your speculation may be right.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++above response.Test Screen Name

Exactly as TSN mentioned, reader extensions, which sign the document, cause it to be treated as read only. And once the document is signed it becomes locked or restricted to make further changes. So as it happened with the file created through Reader extension (sign the document) became read-only .

Thanks for sharing the update, glad to hear its working for you now.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines