• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find Share Flattened Copy iOS Reader 10

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF using Acrobat Pro DC on my desktop (Mac). Saved it as Fillable > Reader Extended file. I then emailed the file to my client who opens it on their iPad > Acrobat Reader.

They can fill it out, but when they try to Share File > Share Flattened Copy, the 'Share Flattened Copy' is not available. Neither is the Share Original Document options. Just Mail, Notes, Copy, Add To iCloud Drive. And clicking the More••• doesn't offer anything.

They are on iOS 10 still, but have the latest 18.01.22 version.

Where'd did the Share Flattened File go?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your query.

As you have shared in your previous message, that when you save the document as Reader Extended Enable it makes a lot of difference in terms of performance at the end user's end.

What and how exactly it makes difference you can go through the detailed description here- What is a Reader Extended PDF? (Export PDF)

Regards,

Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peregrine,

Are they experiencing this problem with that one specific file that you have shared with them or they aren't getting "Share original/flattened copy" option for any document? Is that possible to ask the receivers to check with any other file?

Also, the latest version of Acrobat Reader for iOS should be 18.01.31. Try installing the update through the "App Store" and see if that helps.

If possible, can you share that file with us? As we would like to check the same at our end to see whether issue is reproducible or not?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I am so sorry for the delayed response...especially since you responded so quickly.

I followed the usual instructions:

1. Created a form in my page layout program (Quark)
  2. I then open it in Adobe Pro DC
  3. Tools > Prepare Form
    1. I only had to add one field for the specifications/added text
    2. Interesting, when the client emailed the filled in form on their iPad, that was the only field that was visible with their added text?!
  4. Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (includes form fill-in & save)

I emailed the form to the client who opened it in their Acrobat Reader on their iPad. They could fill it out, but when they wanted to share, the Share File > Share Flattened Copy was not an option. And neither was the 'Share Original Document' options either.

I then resaved the form but didn't use the Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools (includes form fill-in & save). I emailed that one. When they used that and attempted to 'share' it, apparently it worked. They could share a flattened copy and email it and all the fields were intact and 'flattened' so the fields couldn't be modified.

So I'm not sure why we're supposed to use the Reader Extended option when that's what seemed to mess things up?

Thanks!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response to your query.

As you have shared in your previous message, that when you save the document as Reader Extended Enable it makes a lot of difference in terms of performance at the end user's end.

What and how exactly it makes difference you can go through the detailed description here- What is a Reader Extended PDF? (Export PDF)

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask how to email or private send the files?

Thank you,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines