• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t highlight after app update

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated adobe acrobat reader to the newest version (18.09.13 ) and it won’t let me highlight my pdf documents anymore, is there something I can do without uninstalling the app?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i asssume you found and have selected the highlight tool. I was also having the problem that it wasn’t working, but then I found that I have to pause (while pressing) for split second on the first postion to be highlighted, and before following through with the highlight stroke. Before the app update this wasn’t the case. i accidentally discovered this by just trying to press harder while highlightin, so that‘s another thing you can try if my description doesn’t make sense

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Claudiaf,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, the latest update of Adobe Reader is 2019.008.20071, please make sure that you have the latest update installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates. Reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Check the dot version of Adobe Reader installed, to identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you getting any error message while highlighting the PDF? Have you tried highlighting any other PDF and checked?

What happens when you click-on Comment Tool and Choose Highlight and try highlighting any text?

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the error you get? To share a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the operating system installed?

Try resetting Adobe Reader's preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, but after reading this answer I restarted my iPad & that fixed it. I now have all of the pen & highlight features in the comment tool. Before the restart the comment tool only opened an empty side panel. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beckim,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks!!

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i asssume you found and have selected the highlight tool. I was also having the problem that it wasn’t working, but then I found that I have to pause (while pressing) for split second on the first postion to be highlighted, and before following through with the highlight stroke. Before the app update this wasn’t the case. i accidentally discovered this by just trying to press harder while highlightin, so that‘s another thing you can try if my description doesn’t make sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my iPad but ultimately this was what helped me the most lol, I wasn’t used to having to pause to highlight. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Claudiaf,

Thank you for reaching out with this question.

With the new update, we have changed the gesture for highlighting text from drag to long press and drag. Here are the steps to highlight a text:

1. Tap on the commenting tools button to get to the commenting mode.
  2. Tap on the highlight button.
  3. Long press on the beginning of the text you want to highlight until a magnifying glass appears
  4. Drag the sentence to highlight the rest of your text.

Please refer to the attached video, “highlight_commenting_mode.mp4” for this approach.

Alternatively, if you do not have the commenting mode active, you can also long press on a word, and commenting options will appear for you, including highlight. Please refer to the attached video, “highlight_inactive_commenting_mode.mp4” for this approach.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

-Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines