Exit

Can't open PDF from WhatsApp

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Recently I can't open a pdf file on WhatsApp (it tells me the file couldn't

be accessed check the location or the network and try again).

Please help to solve this problem.

Regards

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users of Android 11 are facing this problem. MiUi users, they can turn off the MiUi optimization. It can be found developer mode. Problem solved for me. 

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As you have mentioned above, you are trying to open the PDF from the Whatsapp application.

Do you get the error message in the Whatsapp application while trying to open the PDF or in the Adobe Acrobat Reader window on your mobile?

If the error appears in the Whatsapp window, it is not an Adobe issue. It would be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the error message.

Please make sure that the mobile is connected to the internet and the connection is not intermittent.

Also, check if you get this error message while opening a particular PDF. It can be an issue with the file shared.

You may ask the sender to share the document again.

Also, the document that you receive on Whatsapp gets downloaded on your device. Please check the download folder and see if you can open the PDF from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while opening of pdf file in whatsapp through mobile it show error message that " cannot open the file ...

cannot identify the file format

please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As you have mentioned above, you are trying to open the PDF from the Whatsapp application.

Do you get the error message in the Whatsapp application while trying to open the PDF or in the Adobe Acrobat Reader window on your mobile?

If the error appears in the Whatsapp window, it is not an Adobe issue. It would be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the error message.

Please make sure that the mobile is connected to the internet and the connection is not intermittent.

Also, check if you get this error message while opening a particular PDF. It can be an issue with the file shared.

You may ask the sender to share the document again.

Also, the document that you receive on Whatsapp gets downloaded on your device. Please check the download folder and see if you can open the PDF from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

By @MeenakshiNegi

I have a samsung S10 and same problems since a month. This is when person sending is a IOS user. When I forward the exact same pdf to my own iPhone it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening entirely inside the WhatsApp app. No Adobe software is involved, or can be involved; Adobe cannot fix WhatsApp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as you. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m having the same problem. Were u able to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m having the same problem. Were u able to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to fix bugs created by WhatsApp, so pdf will remain as cannot open until WhatsApp fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the error occured on a really old phone. Updating the reader doesn't help. What worked for me is I went to the Whatsapp Documents folder, renamed the files to really small names, then opened it from that location. Opening from WA doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We are sorry, you're having difficulties. Please help me with few details to understand your issue better. 

1. Make and model of your device? 
  2. Application version? 

Try to check for 'More' option after tapping on the share icon. It will show you all the install apps compatible with sharing the scan file.

We did try to replicate the behavior on our end, however, it is working fine. Make sure your application is updated. Do save your work then try to sign out and sign in back. Reboot your device. 

For Android Adobe Reader Mobile version: 21.4.1

For iOS Adobe Reader Mobile version: 21.05.00

For more help refer to:  
*iOS- https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/troubleshooting.html

Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.  

Regards  
Ria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samsung  note 9 facing  this issue of pdf files not opening  from last few weeks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True,

I use Samsung note 9. I'm experiencing this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I had to uninstall and reinstall my Whatsapp. After the reinstall, everything worked perfectly again. I hope this helps.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Samsung S10+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 

Problem started 7-10 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. Can't open any pdf's file on whatsapp. Help!

Samsung A 50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me but I just figured out that issue is with dual whatsapp.i tried many ways for a solution .as there is no solution for this I'm using my main whatsapp only.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

The problem appears only on my secondary whatsapp.

No problem on my main whatsapp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If u will not rename, then too it will open from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue... But open other application.. Like camscanner.

Kindly adibe team resolve this issue with whatsapp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue. Even from outlook also. The issue is with Samsung mobiles. Mine is Samsung galaxy m 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem. 3 days now! It's a terrible experience. 

Can someone help on this one? 

I can't even find the folder with whatsapp medias in my gallery. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all,

I am using Samsung Note 10. For me too the issue started since 2 Months. I have tried Reinstalling, used all types of PDF viewer No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines