Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open PDF on android 7 says need acrobat reader DC for Windows or Macs

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Samsung J3 running Android 7.1.1 can't open a PDF form so can print it. How can I open this document with my current Android Acrobat Reader 17.5.180092 when it says

"Error

This for form requires Acrobat Reader DC for Mac or Windows".

I do not have Windows 10 just Vista on my laptop but, use my Samsung J3. There has to be a way to be open and print this version on my Android 7.1.1.

Please help!

Sir Gary

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This messages is usually correct about needing Mac or Windows. There are no loopholes there. However you MIGHT be able to use an older version of Reader on Vista - worth a try.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This messages is usually correct about needing Mac or Windows. There are no loopholes there. However you MIGHT be able to use an older version of Reader on Vista - worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and "Rats"! Will try Vista but, don't have a positive feeling it will. Will see if they can send in an other way so can open up in just my reader.. I do have an adobe fill in, thry should have Reader DC for Android so don't need PC or a Mac.

Thanks again,

Sir Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your idea worked... my version of Acrobat reader on Vista allowed me to open it and therefore print the document. Thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Reader DC app for Android. Unfortunately, it still can't read this kind of form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do Adobe plan to support Android and Linux? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe supported Lunix with Reader for many years, but stopped after 9.0 when other PDF viewers became widespread. They have Acrobat Reader for Android but it’s lack of feature parity frankly baffles me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.  Thanks for the response.  I have however asked "when".  The fact that I currently cannot open documents on widely deployed and supported OSs is just baffling!

The fact that I cannot even OPEN document, let alone all the other features that is missing is what is tickling my nerves here!!  Especially since the PDFs in question was created with adobe products!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ask "when" if you want, but that doesn't magically make it happen, or change the answer I can give. I could have just ignored it, but I thought, perhaps wrongly, that you'd rather have some answer than none.

(1) Yes, it's baffling and annoying

(2) No, I don't see it as likely to happen - I can freely say this because I have no inside information

(3) Anyone with inside information will keep a secret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kan inte heller öppna pdf-filer i bland annat min internetbank. Står att det går inte öppna just nu. Vet inte vad jag ska göra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I agree with anderss16291162 above.  Banking and local government accounts cannot be opened.  Adobe has delivered great products over the years, but seems they are loosing their focus and footing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines