• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t open the adobe acrobat reader app on iPad. Keeps saying ‘this app is no longer shared with you. To use it, you must buy it from App Store.’ But I already have the app. Please help.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t open the adobe acrobat reader app on iPad. Keeps saying ‘this app is no longer shared with you. To use it, you must buy it from App Store.’ But I already have the app. Please help. not sure if I delete it and reinstall it if I will lose all the pdf files I have on it in the process.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silverarrow777​,

Do you have a pre-release version of Acrobat for iOS by any chance?

You do not need to buy anything to use the basic features (e.g. viewing, commenting, filling forms, printing) in Acrobat.

In any case, we do not recommend uninstalling Acrobat. Because iOS will erase all of your local documents, preferences, etc. that are stored on your iPad/iPhone, if you uninstall any iOS app (not just Acrobat).

Instead, you can go to the App Store app and update to the latest version of Acrobat.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i went and looked on the App Store and it is already updated to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi silverarrow777​,

If the App Store shows "Open", it means that you already have the latest version of Acrobat.

Would you please share a screenshot of the error message?

How to add a screenshot to a forum message from iPad/iPhone

Please note that the Adobe user forums do not accept email attachments.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7E3841DD-605B-4789-A9B9-656EC843B586.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

This is an Apple message / error. I can tell for several reasons:

1. It's not in the app. Our app has no ability to present messages like this unless the app is showing.
  2. We don't have this error string in our code 😃

Some google searches on "This app is no longer shared with you" says that this is an issue related to Apple's Family Sharing. I'd recommend visiting the Apple Store to ask them to help, or contacting Apple Support in another fashion. You might also ask others in your family group if they have uninstalled the app.

I'm sorry I can't help directly!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This archived issue has been reappeared in the most recent iOS 13.5 update. And reporters from MacRumors has mentioned it as a new iOS bug. Here's a quick fix 🙂

It's clearly a new iOS/App Store bug with the recent iOS 13.5 release. Some common apps that may run into exactly the same issue in iOS 13.5 are Acrobat, YouTube, Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, TikTok, LastPass, and more. What finally solved my problem was to Open Settings > General > iPhone Storage > scrolling down to the app "Acrobat" and selecting > "Offload App" and then reinstalling it from App Store.

This did not delete my Acrobat information as per the offload feature, and I no longer gets the error. I hope this helps others struggling with the issue especially after an update 🙂

Best Regards,

Clem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I get the following error when viewing on my iPad mail app:

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-18 at 11.49.12.jpeg

I have updated and still get the above error - please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

There are a couple of issues here: The primary issue is that you are viewing a PDF that is a "Dynamic XFA" document. As far as I know, there are no PDF readers on iOS that support this type of PDF. In this case, you are actually using the Apple Mail PDF reader, not Adobe's, but ours doesn't support viewing this type of PDF either. To view this PDF, you'll need to use the Adobe Reader on a Mac or Windows machine.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
👍
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines