Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sign - says read only

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using acrobat reader for Android.

I click the edit button, then click fill and sign, then I get an error saying the document is read only.

There is no option to change it anywhere. Doc is stored locally. What gives?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthewt,

The information shared above doesn't seems to be correct.

You have mentioned about using Edit feature on Android. However, Acrobat Reader mobile doesn't have edit feature as of now.

I assume you are referring to Adobe Reader desktop application.

Secondly, if the document is read-only which means either you haven't saved it locally or its secured. Save it locally and then try to Edit or Sign it.

Or, If you own Acrobat DC then you can change document's security and make it editable.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi incompetent Adobe employee,

The information shared is correct, I can recreate these steps ebcause I, too, have the wonderful piece of software that is Adobe <insert application here>.

It is impossible to sign a document on android that is otherwise possible to sign on the computer with adobe acrobat dc or 10 or 11 pro etc.

Dear Adobe please sell the rights to the PDF format to another company, any that will afford it. They'll fix it for everyone. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are replying to a thread which was created in March 2019. Till then we had Edit feature available only for iPad. 

For Android this feature was introduced in October, 2019 release. 

So, information shared for that perticular user is definitely correct. However, you are sharing your experience on a old discussion which is based on updated feature. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines