Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot annotate pdf that has password protected restricted editing

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a bug with the iPhone iOS Acrobat app.

I’m unable to annotate pdf documents that have password protected restricted editing.

It works fine to annotate on the pc and it also works fine to annotate in other iPhone pdf reader apps.

This is very frustrating as I read a lot of ebooks on my phone and need to highlight text and make comments.

The app is fantastic and I want to use it, can this please be fixed.

Cheers

Nik

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the PDF is password protected, you will not be able to edit or annotate PDF on the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Acrobat Reader mobile application has some known limitation, where the changes cannot be saved on the protected PDFs.

You will be able to open the file, however, cannot make any changes( adding comments or filling the form fields) to it.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the PDF is password protected, you will not be able to edit or annotate PDF on the Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Acrobat Reader mobile application has some known limitation, where the changes cannot be saved on the protected PDFs.

You will be able to open the file, however, cannot make any changes( adding comments or filling the form fields) to it.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would be grateful if you could let me know if this is still the case for the mobile app.

Many thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was possible on older iPads. The password is to protect changes, annotate is my own mark-up. Now I have to print the file and mark-up with a pen, while that is the whole thing of owning an iPad. Please fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree,

It is very annoying to not be able to use the Apple Pen on the iPad, but having to either print documents or to use the computer, in order to highlight or comment text. The precision of my finger on the touchpad is not as good as when using the Pen...

If this feature works on the computer, there is no reason it shouldn't work on the iPad.  Hope Adobe will adjust to the post-Covid, paperless, home-office soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a work around to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines