• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open mp4a files linked in pdf files on my phone

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited some pdf files in Adobe DC Pro creating links to a web page in a document.

The links takes one to my google drive which is shared with a limited group. 

The files in the google drive are mp4a.

If I try to open those files directly, my phone says they are unusual and asks for a program. They open.

When I try to open them via the hotlink I place in the pdf file, it asks me which google account I want to use. I select the one that has access, but get stuck in an endless wait. 

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Android , Create PDF , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you get the same problem if you place these files in the Adobe Document Cloud instead?

Just for testing purposes, make the Acrobat Reader mobile app your default PDF owner in Android, not a web browser.

And try again.

Or you can also test by uploading one of those files  to the Document Cloud. Change the shareable link to point to that file in the Document Cloud, and see if you get the same problem.

If you don't get the same problem with a link pointing to that file shared in the  Document Cloud you'll need to ask this same question in a Google Drive support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. I cannot use that cloud for my purposes at this time. I am a teacher and am restricting views of these files to only students/staff. I have 9,000 sound files, and my school has unlimited storage for me in google. My guess is that it is a file. Youtube opens without a problem. I will try the google forums. I was using my phone to see if I could open documents with features added in Adobe Pro on a device without it installed.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines