Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANNOT WRITE FILES (PDF) ON microSD CARD SAMSUNG TABLET

Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a SM-T580, Galaxy TAB A6 10.1, it's great, but unfortunately with Android 6.0.1 (and several other systems), Google made a change to the way SD cards are handled, and now apps have a very limited ability to store data on the SD card. For instance, when I open a PDF file (stored on the SD card) with Adobe Acrobat Reader, it says "This document is read-only, so changes cannot be saved. Would you like to create a local copy on your device to continue editing?". This is frustating, what's the point in being able to adopt a very large SD card when you can't use it?

With older systems, an app called SDfix would work to fix the issue, but that requires root access. Also, in newer systems like Marshmallow 6.0.1, the SDfix app does not work because newer systems don't have the line "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" in the file /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml that would be modified by the app to allow writing permission to SD cards. Adobe Reader has storage permission to "modify or delete the contents of your SD card", but that does not matter. I cannot even choose to use my microSD card as internal storage, my Samsung tablet does not allow this option. I just want to be able to work with PDF files in my SD card and to be able to save them there. If anybody had any suggestions on the subject they would be much appreciated!!!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the following link discussing the similar topic:

I can't find the file directory on the "LOCAL"

Thanks,

Shivam

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We suffer with this issue too - our platform is a Lenovo Tab 3 8" (YT3-850F) running 6.0.1/Marshmallow.

This problem has been asked here at:-

Acrobat Android 7.0 Save/Overwrite PDF on SD-Card

This is a big problem for millions and yet it does have a solution. Would somebody from Adobe care to comment? Can we expect to have release of Reader for Android that caters for external storage?

Other apps - including Xodo PDF reader - are happy to work with external storage once the permissions are established.

NB: Xodo is a capable reader although it is considerably more resource intensive. It can be obtained here at:-

Xodo PDF Reader & Editor - Android Apps on Google Play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Tha's why i am here.

I have a samsung phone and i can't edit a book that has been storaged in the sdcard. I want to mark or leave a comment in a book and i cant. The app wants me to create a copy in the internal storage but i moved the file to the sdcard for a reason dont they think.

I say this beacause i want a solution for this. We all want a solution for this.

Sorry if my english is bad. English isnt my first language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the following link discussing the similar topic:

I can't find the file directory on the "LOCAL"

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have considered the thread linked to in the last post and made a reply there. In short, this issue has not been dealt with and needs to be resolved still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the google rule, we can only open the pdf in the SD card but cannot read that. So the use of SD card is minimized or limited now. So if that happened then why should we use the SD card. To get rid of this you can click here Linksys Support  you will get all the solution from here. https://routerchatsupport.co.uk/linksys-support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines