Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant view or set bookmarks during Reading Mode

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated my adobe reader app on 3/10 and i now can't create and view the boomarks whilst in reading mode in the new version ie whilst viewein the pdf pages.

Could this be changed back please? I have to go into the options to see the create and view the bookmarks which is not ideal.

Could i roll back a version of the update?

If this cant be changing, I'll have to start using another app.

Please advise.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks you for feedback. We have refreshed our application experience to make it easier for new and existing users. To simplify the overall experience, a few things have moved to different areas in app. We will really appreciate your effort in supporting our new experience.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. We still have adding and viewing Bookmark feature in our new update. With our new app experience, a few things have moved to different areas in app. In order to add or view your bookmarks in Reading mode, please follow following steps:

To add bookmark:

• Open a PDF.
  • Tap on 3 dots in top bar.
  • Select  Add Bookmark option. Bookmark will be added for the page.

To view Bookmark list:

• Open a PDF.
  • On phones, tap on 3 dots  in top bar and then select Bookmarks options.
  • On tablets, select option on right of Camera icon. You will now be able to see existing bookmarks.

Please let us know if you still face any issue with Bookmarks.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes you're correct and i know this. However, with the previous version you didnt need to click on the 3 "dots" and view/create bookmarks. You could view/create bookmarks whilst reading on the page. Its additional steps, its not simplified but over complicated the experience.

Please could you change back.

Thanks.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks you for feedback. We have refreshed our application experience to make it easier for new and existing users. To simplify the overall experience, a few things have moved to different areas in app. We will really appreciate your effort in supporting our new experience.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Standard reply I'm afraid. Unfortunately I'll be moving to another app.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible response.
As a long-time user, I don't support your choice here and the new experience is worse. The 'simplification' has complicated a key interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wha kind of answer is this? thqis ain't no answer, it's a political speech! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but your response is simply incorect.  I have adobe free reader.  The options you mention do not exist on my screen and bookmarks cannot be seen.  When I try to click the three lines and seek bookmarks it asks me to upgrade for $240/year.  That is not a reasonable fee to see bookmarks, which are already part of th document.  Adobe has lost key functionality, and its appeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines