Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments added to a file are not included when file is shared via gmail

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a newcomer to using Acrobat Reader DC on my Android tablet.

I followed screen prompts and saved a local copy of a pdf file in order to be able to add comments. I then selected the Share icon to send the annotated file to a colleague via Gmail. But the file he received did not include the comments I had added. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As per our email conversation-

We have tested the same file on two different OS (iOS and Android) and it worked perfectly fine. We aren’t able to reproduce the same issue.

When file is shared via email using the Acrobat Reader mobile app, the end user is able to view the comments. That means in your case problem is at the end user’s app. Tell him to check in the Acrobat Reader mobile or desktop application and should have the Chinese font pack installed. 

There isn’t anything that you need to change at your end.

Regards,

Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PercyVeer ,

As per the information shared above, the document that you have shared from Acrobat Reader mobile app via gmail doesn't add the comment you have added. So were those comments added using the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app or through any other pdf application provided my your Android device?

Also, the end user who has not been able to see the comments, how he has been opening the file that he received? Is he using Acrobat Reader or any other 3rd party pdf application?

Because, comment added to the file should also be visible to the end user, unless you don't restrict it with additional security and which isn't possible to do using mobile app.

So check with a different file that has comment, or share the same file with us so that we can test the same at our end-

Adobe Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Print, share, email

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanccha

Thanks for your reply.

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure how to send the file to you via private message.

I have opened the file again in Acrobat Reader and added further comments as a test at the foot of the document. But when I select the Share option to send it to you via Gmail I don't know your email address.

I did try sending the file using the Share option to my own email address and it arrived in my inbox with the comments visible in the attachment.

I can confirm that I added the comments in Acrobat Reader DC on my Android tablet. I don't now what PDF app the recipient is using but he printed the file I sent to him, marked it up manually in manuscript, scanned it and then sent that new pdf file back to me. It did not include any of the comments I had added to the original file, so I concluded that they were not sent. The document he marked up was the original file i.e. the version before I added comments.

Perhaps I should check if he did receive the commented document but removed them with his pdf app? Would that be possible?

Please advise how I can send the file to you. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PercyVeer,

There was a email address shared via private message if you didn't receive earlier then I am sending it to you again, to which you can send your file.

As you have shared in you last message,that you can see the comments when you share the file with you but the end user isn't able to do the same. I assume its a problem with the app he is working with, so you may send the file to us will check and let you know the same.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As per our email conversation-

We have tested the same file on two different OS (iOS and Android) and it worked perfectly fine. We aren’t able to reproduce the same issue.

When file is shared via email using the Acrobat Reader mobile app, the end user is able to view the comments. That means in your case problem is at the end user’s app. Tell him to check in the Acrobat Reader mobile or desktop application and should have the Chinese font pack installed. 

There isn’t anything that you need to change at your end.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines