• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compress PDF using app

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone give me any tips on how to compress a 23mb file using the iPad App. I paid for a subscription but I am still unable to find s way to compress this file.

thank you

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF files by their very nature are already “compressed.” I think you are asking about reducing the file size, typically done by downsampling raster images and using lossier compression. (Raster images are typically the source of most of the file size for very large PDF files!) Such functionality simply does not currently exist in the Acrobat Reader for iOS which even with certain subscription functions is nowhere near the functionality of Adobe Acrobat Pro (Windows or MacOS) or Adobe Acrobat Standard (Windows only).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF files by their very nature are already “compressed.” I think you are asking about reducing the file size, typically done by downsampling raster images and using lossier compression. (Raster images are typically the source of most of the file size for very large PDF files!) Such functionality simply does not currently exist in the Acrobat Reader for iOS which even with certain subscription functions is nowhere near the functionality of Adobe Acrobat Pro (Windows or MacOS) or Adobe Acrobat Standard (Windows only).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines