• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contacts

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe want access to my contacts list on my phone for Adobe Acrobat reader?

I can see no valid reason why I should give you access to them, or for that matter, why you would all for that.

TOPICS
Android , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps to allow the Adobe Acrobat Reader to provide its shared review feature? Without such access, that feature will likely not work. The remainder of the features should work without providing such access.

(Note that Adobe is not scooping up the contents of your contacts lists and doing anything with such information!)

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps to allow the Adobe Acrobat Reader to provide its shared review feature? Without such access, that feature will likely not work. The remainder of the features should work without providing such access.

(Note that Adobe is not scooping up the contents of your contacts lists and doing anything with such information!)

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dov.  The reality is that you cannot update AAR without accepting access to contacts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov. I wanted to share a PDF but clicked on "Don't allow" access to my address book by mistake. Do you know how I can change this to allow access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timb0land,

You can enable the access from the Application Settings on Android device.

Go to Settings  > Application > Adobe Acrobat > Permissions.

Enable the radio button for contacts there to allow access.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thanks for this Meenakshi. It's the same on IOS and has solved my problem! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it resolved the problem.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe reader worked great till the update last night. Now it doesnt see my contact. How do i get it to see my contacts. I hate updates if you can please help. thanks you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines