Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted figures & tables in some PDF E-books

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one

I have a problem with some PDF e-books using adobe android app , where some figures , titles and subtitles are misshapen and look bizarre . while viewing the same file using the adobe program on my laptop is perfectly normal

This is one of the books I have problems with : https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnUPvTfT-MaFjQflniu6Refknr2y

Check these pages from the book in the link above and compare how they look on the android app vs PC program :
Pages - 195 , 204 , 205 , 227 , 236 , 276 , ...
These pages are just an example , many more corrupted pages are there

Again these pages look perfectly normal when viewed by adobe program on laptops and desktops , I tried viewing the book on more than 10 different android devices tablets and phones , from different brands like Samsung HTC & Lenovo , on different android versions mainly KitKat & Lollipop . It is the same problem regardless the device

Any help will be highly appreciated . Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmadhdaib,

Edited-

I assume that, this is happening because the fonts that has been used creating actual file has not been embedded with the file (when its opened on mobile device)

Please refer to PDF fonts, Adobe Acrobat

Also check if the fonts used in the source file are embedded with the file (when its opened on mobile device) or not? If not, then that must be causing problem viewing the same document in different format (in mobile app).

>Open PDF > Right click on the document> Document properties>Font

Example-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akki_24 I checked the file fonts as you said and I found a long list of font names here is part of them (I provided a link for the pdf file in the question part in case you want to check it yourself) :

Untitled.png

I don't know how to check the fonts embedded on my Lenovo android tablet (version 4.4.2) , I searched and found a folder on my tablet named "Fonts" which contained only one file named "gadugi-bold.ttf" .

Do you mind explaining to me how to identify the missing fonts and how to add them to my android device . I didn't understand most of the link you provided , I have never dealt with fonts

Many thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ahmadhdaib,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have done some testing at my end on an Android device, with the help of the file you have shared.

I have sent you an email with the attachments of some test document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines