• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create bookmarks on iPad adobe

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h‌ow do I create bookmarks?  This feature seems to be missing.

TOPICS
Edit and export , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Acrobat DC/Reader for Android supports custom/user bookmarks.  Unfortunately, Acrobat DC/Reader for iOS has not supported it yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Acrobat DC/Reader for Android supports custom/user bookmarks.  Unfortunately, Acrobat DC/Reader for iOS has not supported it yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to suggest that this feature be brought to the iOS apps quickly.

I was flabbergasted that I upgraded my reader and lost any ability to place a bookmark.

Who's idea was that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that such an ability did, once, exist. I was starting to think that I had imagined it. The ability to bookmark is crucial and should be included forthwith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous versions of Adobe Reader for iOS (iPad and iPhone) has never supported the capability of creating new user/custom bookmarks.  But Adobe Reader/Acrobat DC for iOS can display the pre-existing bookmarks (i.e. "table of contents") that are built into a PDF document.

On the other hand, Adobe Reader/Acrobat DC for Android supports the creation of user/custom bookmarks.

If you have added your own bookmarks on your iPad/iPhone, you may have done that in other iOS app such as iBooks or Kindle app for iOS.

Hope this clarifies misconceptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Please add the ability to add bookmarks urgently. This is an essential feature for marking up documents surely it must be possible to perform this task on an iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, I am in disbelief, one of the most fundamental things of all thing PDF is to be able to store custom bookmarks. I would may expect that I might not see this functionality in the iOS "Reader" version but certainly when someone is paying the monthly subscription rate this is nearly incomprehensible, particularly when the Android platform is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! A PDF editor without the ability to create bookmarks is fairly useless. A number of PDF apps for iOS have offered bookmark creation for YEARS.

I'm a CC subscriber who has been relatively happy with other Adobe apps for iOS, but I cannot understand why Adobe continues to drop the ball with Acrobat. In addition to its lack of functionality under iOS and very clunky interface, it is only major CC app that does not support user-defined keyboard shortcuts. Hope that these things get fixed someday...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t believe that there still isn’t the ability to bookmark in iOS. If you’re editing a large pdf you don’t want to scroll through several pages to get where you left off. I am going to leave negative feedback about this in the App Store and start looking at other pdf editing apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that more and more publications are distributed in PDF format it's unconscionable that user bookmarks are not supported in ios, including the ipad where I would prefer to read my magazines. I need them extensively in photo magazines such as Photoshop User to keep track of important items. Since they are supported in Android I can only assume this problem involves or is caused by Apple (imagine that!!). It's time this got fixed by Apple and/or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything on this? I mean you literally have five iOS Acrobat apps (for some reason? iPads can certainly handle the full version of Acrobat now) and not a single one can open a pdf and create a bookmark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the correct answer in 2015 was that bookmarks are not supported in iOS. Now it is 2018. Is that still true? It appears to be. If creation of bookmarks is now possible, someone please show me how. If not, then my question to Adobe is WTF?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F&*^kin incredible. And you have the audacity to raise our annual subscription rates?  Sounds like pirate operation than a leader in the PDF space. Get the hell with it or rebate our DC Pro subscriptions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay an annual subscription for Acrobat, and it really is infuriating that I have to use Books on my iPad to read a pdf and add bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Julianne33824187bbd9,

Thanks for writing in! 

We heard you and have shared the feedback with the team.

The feature is still in review due to limitations with Apple but this would be worked upon soon and implemented in the future.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shit still got no bookmark in 2017 wth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dudes @adobe seriously? Please re-establish your connection to reality, common sense, call it what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Please Adobe, the possibility to create bookmarks even on an iPad is highly desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now over 4 years on from when a sensible enhancement/improvement request was made.

Still nada

Not impressive, Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry as the feature to add bookmark still not supported in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS.

You may raise a feature request for this with the team over here Adobe Acrobat for iPhone and iPad - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the f*** is wrong with Adobe? You want me to pay Money for Features almost every App on iOS offers for free and you dont offer a bookmark function for IPad??? Ist been 4 years since this request ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now the year 2020, it has been five years. Why shouldn't I use PDF Reader, or another cheaper device with more features, including a basic one such as bookmarking? Please Adobe... why should it be so hard to respond to this request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years since this post was created and there's still no fix to this most basic of problems. This is a great example of Adobe's lack of commitment to your customers and a lack of focus on your products. This is why monopolies are bad. I think I will try and circulate this on LinkedIn and maybe bring some more widespread attention on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one way to request feature updates, anything else is just chat. https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a lame it is not implemented. It is a shame. They will be surprised why other PDF reader apps are more popular. In my opinion done could easily develop a decent editor/reader app. I think people the pay Adobe CC deserves this basic service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines