• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating PDF Forms and Viewing Problems on Apple Mobile Devices?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a PDF document and when read on a PC, the form details look fine.  However, when viewed on an Apple mobile devices, text details typed onto the form do not appear (are blank) and the check boxes are all checked instead of the 1 or 2 that need to be checked.  The only feature that does appear is the text in some of the text boxes however, the text spills off of the form.  This does not occur (as far as we can tell) on non-Apple, Android mobile devices.  Please help.

Thanks,

Vic

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply!

It seems to be a problem with OneDrive rather than with Adobe Reader. The file is saved on OneDrive and I choose to open the file in another app and then choose Adobe Reader. Before this have worked fine but now OneDrive sends a simplified copy to Adobe Reader insted of sending a full featured copy where the forms are intact. I tried with Dropbox and it worked fine. I will contact Microsoft to investigate this issue further.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vic,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and delay in response.

Would you let us know how did you create the form? Did you use Acrobat for creating the form?

Also, let us know the iOS version on your device and Reader app version on the device?

Also, is it possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, you may upload the file to Adobe Send or Google Drive or DropBox and share a link with us.

We are not able to reproduce the behavior in-house. Please let us know if the issue is already resolved.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. But for me all form fields dissapear on my iPhone and all I can do is making comments. Here is a link to the file: Delade filer - Acrobat.com

This have worked before but not anymore. I have tried to logout of the app and in again. I have tried to uninstall the app and re-install it. But nothing works. Very thankful for help with this issue!

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DALVANEL,

Thanks for providing the file for our investigation and I have tried to open the file with the current latest Acrobat version 17.03.28 on iPhone 6s+ with iOS 10.1.1 and the form fields look like working fine.

IMG_0284.PNG

Could you please let us know which iOS is on your iPhone and which iPhone you are using?

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply!

It seems to be a problem with OneDrive rather than with Adobe Reader. The file is saved on OneDrive and I choose to open the file in another app and then choose Adobe Reader. Before this have worked fine but now OneDrive sends a simplified copy to Adobe Reader insted of sending a full featured copy where the forms are intact. I tried with Dropbox and it worked fine. I will contact Microsoft to investigate this issue further.

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines