• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default reader

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you set adobe as the default reader on a apple ipad mini. It keeps asking what to open pdfs with  and its a pain.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lyndonp2424367​,

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide a mechanism for iOS users to set a default app for a given file type (examples: .pdf, .docx) on iPhone/iPad.

You just need to continue using "Open in" or "Copy to" to open PDF documents in Acrobat Reader on iOS.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyndonp2424367,

When you open a PDF attachment from your email then it opens up in Apple's built in PDF viewer.

In order to open it in Acrobat Reader you have to Tap Share icon>Then choose Copy to Acrobat.

For detailed information please refer to the help document for the same- Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Opening PDFs in Acrobat Reader

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lyndonp2424367​,

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide a mechanism for iOS users to set a default app for a given file type (examples: .pdf, .docx) on iPhone/iPad.

You just need to continue using "Open in" or "Copy to" to open PDF documents in Acrobat Reader on iOS.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2019 as I'm posting on this thread. Ive been affected by this problem for a while but I think i have found a solution. I'm on ios 13 btw. Heres the steps. I deleted all pdf tools app such as acrobat reader, signpdf pro, etc from the phone so that mail is forced to use its native pdf viewer to open a pdf attachment within itself (as it used too😉). You may need to disable the mail (on off green button) under setting>passwords & accounts and restart your phone. After restarting go back to the previous steps by enabling mail by clicking the green button. hooe this works for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have found out a way to open files by default on acrobat 

in this way you can use the goodness of the files app and still open PDFs directly to acrobat

I am using iPadOS 14 

Now, when you install acrobat you have to go to files and then you will see a folder called ACROBAT or ADOBE or whatever

5BF6E3A3-0253-4BDE-AF85-27EC9A494843.jpeg.

Now copy all your files existing on ON MY IPAD or ICLOUD drive and then paste it on that folder.

52F19881-34C2-4ECC-8519-3B2684857A62.jpeg3151CE34-A8F8-483C-993F-36D868795131.jpeg

Now you have to always go to folder and click on the file you want to open and it will directly open it in acrobat reader.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works.  Thank you. So if you are working on a lot of PDFs you share via AirDrop to your iPad these file will go to your Dowloads folder.  You can then copy them to your Acrobat folder. I think they go on directly to your iPad because even in Airplane mode the PDFs are viewable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ronaldd67008711,

Thanks for taking the time to letting us know that it worked for you.

-Souvik

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines