• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents are not actually saving to Box

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have form fillable PDF files stored on Box.com. I am able to open these files and edit them in Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad. When I tap the Back button to close the file, I see the pop-up that the Document Saved. However, the file is not updated on Box. The Modified Date on the PDF on Box has not changed. I have tried this several times and waited a significant amount of time to be sure uploads are complete, yet nothing is saving back to Box. I have refreshed Box and even tried signing out of Box and then back in.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi michaelh28575532,

Could you please try following steps,

#1. Update to the current latest version of Box which currently is 4.1.6

#2. Restart your device

#3. Make sure you have stable network and give it try again

Note, syncing the changes to Box will take awhile even "Document Saved" appears in Acrobat. If the file is big, it will even take longer time to sync the updated one. I recommend to switch to Box's "Recents" and use pull-down gesture few times on Box to refresh and the latest updated PDF should appear at the top.

Thank you for your patience,

-derek

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further testing, this seems to be specific to iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi michaelh28575532,

Could you please try following steps,

#1. Update to the current latest version of Box which currently is 4.1.6

#2. Restart your device

#3. Make sure you have stable network and give it try again

Note, syncing the changes to Box will take awhile even "Document Saved" appears in Acrobat. If the file is big, it will even take longer time to sync the updated one. I recommend to switch to Box's "Recents" and use pull-down gesture few times on Box to refresh and the latest updated PDF should appear at the top.

Thank you for your patience,

-derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on iPad. The issue seems intermittent. My internet connection is solid. The file, which is only 1.2 mb, is not syncing changes in Box. Why there is no "save" or "save as" in Adobe Acrobat on iPad, I don't know, but it seems like adding that functionality is at a minimum needed to get files to save. Otherwise we are just sitting around hoping the changes automatically get saved as we go, with no confirmation that they are actually saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultt79q5qqpmw2y,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the delay in response.

For Box Storage, we currently have the workaround to save the files. 

Also, if you are not able to see the changes made to the files, please share a screen recording of the workflow of what you are trying to achieve and what you see for better understanding and investigation.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines