• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download issue on Android

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently unable to open downloaded files as says error file maybe corrupted or damaged. Was all okay till 23rd December. Any ideas anybody? Tried off and on. On the latest version. 

TOPICS
Android , Create PDF , Organize PDF pages , PDF forms , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started having the same problem last week. I found that if you download it and it says that, go in and beside the home button click the "files" button and select "browse more files" it will load for you. Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not entirely sure this is solely an Adobe issue, as I'm having a similar issue with .docx Word and .xlsx Excel files, too (Office mobile apps from Microsoft give a "Can't open file" and "something went wrong" error message).

In my case, it seems to be related to the location on my phone from which I'm trying to access these files.  This makes me think it's possibly a problem in how the Acrobat Reader mobile app and the Office apps are handling some recent change in Android file or directory permissions.

I often use a file explorer for Android called MiXplorer.  MiXplorer downloads files from web storage like Dropbox (using http) to a temporary folder under the /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/temp directory.  I used to be able to seamlessly open pdf files using the Adobe Acrobat app for Android this way.  Now I get the "corrupted or damaged" error.

It is interesting that I can in fact open a pdf from the same location with Google's Drive PDF viewer, but then I don't get search, liquid mode, etc.  On my Samsung phone, there is a built-in file explorer app called My Files, but this app doesn't allow you to add Dropbox as a web storage location, so that's not really a viable work-around.  And, as I mentioned, I'm having a similar issue with Excel spreadsheets and Word documents, too, anyway.

Not sure where this leaves me, but I certainly am interested in whether it was the Android 11 security update that I just installed that caused this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same issue for me. Since update to Android 11 with my S10+, can't open directly a downloaded file like pdf xls doc...

Pdf opened fine with Google drive pdf reader and when opened locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Obrad : Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Our team has fixed the issue in the latest build: 21.2.0.17204, which can be found on the playstore. But we would really appreciate if you could share us the bug report of your device before upating to the latest version if you're still facing this issue.

Please refer the following link to get help with capturing bug report : https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

We'd really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also let us know if the latest fix solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Can you please apprise us with the following information to assist you better:

1) Is it happening for all files or with any specific document only? Kindly share a sample file with us.

2) Share the screenshot or description of what exact issue you're facing in opening the PDF file.

3) The device configuration that you’re using (device name & OS version)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Acrobat Android Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @boothysufc : Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Our team has fixed the issue in the latest build: 21.2.0.17204, which can be found on the playstore. But we would really appreciate if you could share us the bug report of your device before upating to the latest version if you're still facing this issue.

Please refer the following link to get help with capturing bug report : https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

We'd really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines