• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading the Windows or Mac version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on an Android/Samsung phone

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download the Windows or Mac version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (AAR) on my Android/Samsung phone?

The Android version of AAR won't open up a document that I downloaded from healthcare.gov for taxes. It says that I need the Windows or Mac version of AAR to open and view the document.

I tried downloading the Windows version of AAR from the Windows store but I was unsuccessful. I get the impression that I need a Windows phone or device in order to dowload it. I'll probably encounter the same problem if I go to the Apple Store to download the Mac version of AAR. Thank you.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Windows and/or MacOS versions of Adobe Reader cannot be downloaded and installed on either iOS or Android phones.

What is likely the problem is that the file you are finding on healthcare.gov is actually a special varient of a PDF form known as an XFA form. They are not supported on Acrobat Reader for either iOS or Android. For that matter, they are not supported on most non-Adobe PDF readers either. And Adobe no longer provides the software for creation or editing of XFA forms.

Bottom line is that XFA forms require either Acrobat Reader or Acrobat on either Windows or MacOS files for purposes of opening, reading, form filling, printing, and form submission.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Windows and/or MacOS versions of Adobe Reader cannot be downloaded and installed on either iOS or Android phones.

What is likely the problem is that the file you are finding on healthcare.gov is actually a special varient of a PDF form known as an XFA form. They are not supported on Acrobat Reader for either iOS or Android. For that matter, they are not supported on most non-Adobe PDF readers either. And Adobe no longer provides the software for creation or editing of XFA forms.

Bottom line is that XFA forms require either Acrobat Reader or Acrobat on either Windows or MacOS files for purposes of opening, reading, form filling, printing, and form submission.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines