• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down lists on iphones don't work

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a document in Adobe Acrobat Pro called a "Float Plan" (on Float Plan Central) that contains several drop-down selection lists, check boxes and text entry fields.  I've chosen the feature when saving the Float Plan to enable the ability to enter and save data entered into the form when using Adobe Reader.  On a PC, when the form is downloaded all of the fields work perfectly in Adobe Reader.  However on an iPhone, Adobe Reader does not allow you to enter anything, only view an empty form.  So, installed Adobe Fill & Sign hoping this would allow an iPhone user to enter data.  Adobe Fill & Sign does allow you to enter text in text fields and use check boxes, but the drop down lists won't display.

Questions:

Why does Adobe Reader iPhone not function identically to Adobe Reader on the PC?" 

Is there an option Adobe Acrobat Pro to enable drop down lists to display (drop down) and work on an iPhone?

On an Android phone, using Adobe Reader or Adobe Fill & Sign, you can't enter anything in the downloaded PDF form.  Why?

Look forward to your insight.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vernjr​,

Acrobat Reader mobile apps (for iOS and Android) support Acrobat forms (including drop-down lists) with some limitations.

In order to properly diagnose the cause of your specific problem, we would like to examine your PDF form.

Would you be willing to share your PDF form with us (Adobe)?

I sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share your document with us.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I please get assistance.  I am having issues with a PDF file where drop down list are not functioning on Iphone or Ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duplicate post

Please refer this thread Drop Down List not working Ipad/Iphones for PDF file for further discussion on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines