• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits (comments, highlights..) in pdf not updated in dropbox

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small pdf in dropbox that I need to comment/highlight.. sometimes from laptop, sometimes from (android) tablet or even smartphone.

When I do edits in laptop (with okular) and I "save", changes are sent up to dropbox and I can then find them back to tablet/smartphone, but when I do highlight/comment in tablet/smartphone, yhese edits are not propagated back to dropbox.. Am I missing something??

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the PDF file in the Dropbox application?

If so, the problem is likely that the Dropbox application's viewer is ignoring annotations. Open from Dropbox in Adobe Acrobat Reader and the annotations should appear.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the very quick answer.

No, in my case the problem was likely that it was tacking some time for the upload (I have an ADSL connection, that is very slow in uploading) and my phone was killing the apps in the background (some android vendors do that to save bactery).

I have to either keep the app on after the edit or pou it in a list of "protected apps" that android doesn't kill.

So, I can confirm that when the document is edited in acrobat reader in android, than the document is uploaded to dropbox automatically.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an academic, I have heavily used Acrobat Reader on my Lenovo Tablet (Android 6.0.1) to mark up PDFs using the 'Comments' feature. Now, the new version won't allow me to save the comments (writing, sketches, highlights) and I lose my work every time I try to save it by going to the upper left-hand corder and hitting 'my documents' (in the past, that was how it would save and sync with DropBox). I just keep losing the marked-up documents and wasting my time. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines