Highlighted

Edits Highlights and text boxes missing after saving v19.10.01 ios13

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using new ipad 7th gen with Reader v19.10.01 I've made numerous edits using highlighter, lines and textboxes, clicked done, exited program and next time I open file from my ipad all my work is missing! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edits Highlights and text boxes missing after saving v19.10.01 ios13

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using new ipad 7th gen with Reader v19.10.01 I've made numerous edits using highlighter, lines and textboxes, clicked done, exited program and next time I open file from my ipad all my work is missing! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whe you say you clicked done does that mean you saved your work automatically to a known location that you were able to access before?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You click done when you're finished editing. I was saving my pdfs on my ipad which always saved whatever changes made. Now this latest version doesn't. I've read other comments on this community forum had similar problems so I'm guessing it never got fixed. The only workaround so far is to save the pdf on adobe cloud which is not my first choice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when it used to save the file where was default saving location?

Is there another PDF reader/handler installed in the iPad?

I use Android OS for example, my only way of saving locally to a directory in my OS is to select print and then hit the PDF download icon button.

It will save with the changes made but as a flattened read only file. Once this is done I can't reopen this newly saved file to continue to edit, fill and sign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default location is  "on this ipad"

I could certainly use a different reader but then that kinda defeats this whole help inquiry.

info regarding android doesn't help me. I'm not flattening a copy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2019 0
Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like my language barrier is a problem again.

I used my Android OS as an example since you mentioned that your Adobe Acrobat used to save and now it doesn't.

Obviously we have a different understanding of what saving a file in  a computer device means.

Regardless of operating system and which operating system doctrine you devote your soul and faith to, the way you described the saving procedure is very vague. 

Either You apply changes then you save your work or you exit a program and the last changes will be lost if the user did not saved the file manually.

You don't click on done and presto!

There is also in between Sharing a file, upload to a cloud storage service, send for review and signatures, Fill&Sign and Save As.

Save As in particular, which as a command, allows you to manually save a file with a different filename, a different file extension to convert to another program, and  to change the directory or folder where you want that copy of the document that was edited or created in Acrobat  to be stored locally in your device.

iOS for iPads has changed its kernel, is now a mix iOS with macOS  as it was announced for this fall:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/ipados-more-than-just-a-name/amp 

I asked about the default location because from reading about your issue, the default location might've change after an update ; it now maybe located in /iBooks/  plus something else, for example.

Also it is common to see the behavior you have observed in your device  by installing a different app, or even upgrading the operating system which could be saving any file to a different default location (unless you manually change it back to how it used to be).

Locally saved files in iOS are not automatically starred with an icon in iOS, THE USER has to manually do this. That is or could be another reason why you do t see your "saved " file(s).

See here for  a how-to on starring a file in iOS:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/settings.html 

Furthermore there will be different things available for the user in iPadOS lanched this year 2019, versus iPhone OS .

And while the apple community continue to use the term "iOS" interchangeably,  when they talk about their iPads what they are referring to is not the same operating system anymore. 

That means, that if a user is trying to help you,  all of these questions are important to ask in an attempt to find connections of what could be possibly wrong, like in your case.

Therefore, an app like Adobe Reader Mobile will be treated entirely different by each of the devices that apple users enjoy. 

Some features will be available in iPad but not when an upgrade of the OS took place from iPhone OS TO iPadOS for example.

Look here to see how file and apps integration is handled in iOS 11:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/adobescan/ios/en/iosfileapp.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I am being vague. I have used Ipad's since they were very first introduced. I stated in my header that I am using Ipad IOS version 13 and I also stated what version of Adobe Reader I am using.

In Adobe Reader for Ipad your choices of where files are located are "on my ipad" "abobe document cloud" or "dropbox" otherwise you can select "more locations" As I stated before I select "on my ipad".

when you open a pdf, and click on the blue circle pencil icon on the lower right corner a popup appears and you must select "comment" or "fill & sign" or "organize pages" I choose "comment" which then displays a toolbar at the top center of my document. I use the highlight tool or text box tool and when I am finished using these tools there is the word "DONE" at the top left corner. When I click that, the toolbar goes away and the document once again shows the blue circle pencil icon at the lower right if I have need to make more changes. There is NO manual save button, there are options at the top right corner with the three dots to export, combine, star and save to document cloud. In every version I have used in the past 10 or so years, if you click the < icon at the top left it saved the file and brought to back to your main home file page. There was no need for you to be disrespectful by saying presto!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2019 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not engage in an argument with you.

Just in case you are about to make a big stink about disrespect, If you think I am an Adobe employee or a staff memeber ,  I am not.

If you wholeheartedly believe I was disrespectful in anyway while I've wasted my time trying to offer help to another snotty and ungrateful Apple  user , like those who I often see coming  to these forums to vomit their problems without answering very basic questions, go ahead and click on the "... More" button below and report abuse to an Adobe moderator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2019 1