• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emailing issue

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Adobe Reader today the PDF I am trying to email is longer 'Flattened' which prevents further editing of the PDF. Prior to todays update (12.10.2018) everything worked perfectly with the program requesting to send either as original or flattened the updated program no longer asks this question! Now the email recipient gets an editable version of PDF which I can't accept. Everything I've tried so far does not help. Any ideas anyone I'm getting desperate!!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi paulb42035085​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.12.00 to the App Store on December 14, 2018.

This release offers the flattening option in Acrobat's Settings > Preferences.

Please take a look at the updated forum FAQ document for more details.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Would you please update to 18.12.00 and let us know if it works for you?

Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paulb,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, what is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify the dot version, refer to the help article Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you facing this issue on your desktop application or on a mobile device?

Is it a Mac or Windows machine or it's a mobile iOS/Android device?

Is it specific to PDF forms? Have you tried with other PDF files?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anand Sri

Thanks for your reply.

The form was originally created in Adobe Acrobat Pro version 10.0.  A button was added to automatically open an email to send the form once completed. The command used was Action:On Focus- Submit a Form. This was linked to an email address using the command Mailto: email address.

The Adobe Reader is version 18.09.14 and on a new apple IPad.  I’m only interested in the form filling PDF at the moment using an IPad we are using this for Quality Control purposes.  When I created the form originally and sent it to the IPad it worked OK.  After clicking the Mailto link a message appeared and gave the option to send as the original format or to send as a flattened copy to prevent further editing. This was then followed by a standard email window where further info such as photos could be added before sending.  The new version which I’ve updated to that is 18.09.14 no longer gives any option to flatten the document so I have a big problem that I need to solve if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Paul

[personal information removed by moderator.  Please see https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in response.

After the recent update, Adobe Acrobat Reader no longer offers the flattened copy option when sharing the PDF.

However, there is a workaround that you can use to share the flattened copy of the PDF.

Please refer the steps provided here How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document.

Check if that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions or need help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi paulb42035085​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.12.00 to the App Store on December 14, 2018.

This release offers the flattening option in Acrobat's Settings > Preferences.

Please take a look at the updated forum FAQ document for more details.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Would you please update to 18.12.00 and let us know if it works for you?

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines