• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you request features in this forum, so I'll put it here. It may seem silly at first but bear with me please. I'd like to request a "continuous highlight" feature. What do I mean by that.

Say there is a paragraph. I highlight important and relevant parts of several sentences from that paragraph. Normally, when you view the pdf in Acrobat Reader all is highlighted and fine. For this type of work you don't need a "continuous highlight" as you can see the highlights on the page.

But a lot of people extract annotations from PDFs for research. Adobe is great for reading, re-reading, and annotation making, but when work is done I need to extract the annotations into an interrelated database. The problem with short highlights after being extracted is that you don't have a clue what they are. The skill of highlighting comes with practice, sure, but we still highlight parts of sentences.

After the notes from our example paragraph are extracted, each highlight appears as a new line.

My proposed "continuous highlight" would let you select as many words as you want from different sentences and save it as 1 highlight — visually in Acrobat it'd appear the same. Every time 2 nearest words would be from different sentences or paragraphs an ellipsis would be added to the extraction.

Example of paragraph (highlights marked with ><, as I don't see graphical edit in this forum)

>>Lorem ipsum<< dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer nec odio. Praesent libero. Sed cursus ante dapibus diam. Sed nisi. Nulla quis sem at nibh >>elementum imperdiet. Duis sagittis ipsum<<. Praesent mauris. Fusce nec tellus sed augue semper porta. Mauris massa. Vestibulum lacinia arcu eget nulla. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.>> Curabitur sodales ligula<< in libero. Sed dignissim lacinia nunc.

Example of Continuous Highlight in extracted form

Lorem ipsum … elementum imperdiet. Duis sagittis ipsum … Curabitur sodales ligula …

This would be very, very handy. Also first of its kind afaik.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daithí,

Please use the following link to submit this request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks for the feedback.

Shivam

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daithí,

Please use the following link to submit this request: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks for the feedback.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Como llenar un documento

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are referring to filling a pdf form in Acrobat Reader app?  If yes, please use the following link which discusses this in more detail: Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Forms and Form Fields 

Let us know if that is not the case.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no, I'm not referring to "filling a pdf form". I am referring to the highlight option and if it would be possible to tap words, and skip some, and save them as one highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may request this feature using this link: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines