• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fields rotate on Acrobat but are fine on Pro

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Higher Ed usage. A supervisor gave me a form, which I am to upload into our LMS for students to complete as a part of the course. I do not know how the form was created, but it is fillable. When the students open the form in Acrobat, they are able to fill it, but some of the fields turn the text upside down when completed. When I open the form in Acrobat Pro, all text remains upright. Unfortunately, the students do not all have access to PRO, and are primarily using the free apps for iOS. Is there a way to correct the orientation? It doesn't bother me if the student turns in the work with the fields upside down, but some of the students are OCD or have other learning style differences that make this unbearable for them.

TOPICS
Edit and export , iOS , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer is: never use a PDF form with Apple Preview, aka "the PDF killer".

The creator of the form can use this great tip (Google translate is your friend):

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/js-et-formulaires-ressources/forcer-utilisation-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not have properly communicated what I meant. The students are using the free versions of Acrobat Reader, where as I am using the university subscription of Acrobat Pro. It displays fine for me, but not for them. I do not allow them to use the iOS previewer, but even in the student version of Acrobat, it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines