Files freeze after upgrade.

please correct.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

tried after rebooting iPad mini 4. Still no change to acrobat.

please help as I use acrobat for literally everything. All my files are on this app. I have exams coming up.

i don’t know how to transfer/save files from acrobat onto another device. Does that mean I’ll have to purchase a new apple device just to back up my files from acrobat??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You might try backing up your device to iTunes on your computer, if you do that. In File Sharing, you can click on Adobe Reader to see the contents. Then you can drag and drop the selected files into a folder on your computer.

I had the same freezing problem earlier and I did this just as a precaution in case I needed to reinstall AR. In my case the problem resolved itself. I was advised by an Adobe tech to make sure WIFI was on, then reboot the device. Then I launched AR and waited about 3-5 minutes. At first everything was still frozen on the Home page (even the system clock was stuck even though the system was fine). I toggled in and out of AR (not quitting it, just putting it in the background) and the system and suddenly AR responded. Everything works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please , do you mean that after rebooting the device , delete then launch the AR again?   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.09.14 to the App Store.

This release addresses the freeze/hang issue at launch reported by users.

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues after updating.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

tried the latest update. 14.

still hangs. Not as before when it wasn’t scrolling down at all.

i still haven’t been able to reach the end of my document list, so still pretty slow.

havent even tried other functions.

i might Wait a day or two more.

Otherwise will have to purchase readdle  PDF I guess on App Store.

such a bad experience. Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines